Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Administrator Starting to feel at home... admin's Avatar

Best reason to open a daycare

Hi,

What is the best reason you came up with to justify opening up a daycare or comfort you in your choice?

Haha! I don't have to drive in all these snowstorms!! Seriously, there are many good reasons - I am here to put my children on the bus and here to greet them when they get home. There are income tax benefits of having a home daycare. It doesn't cost as much as when I worked outside the home (no running to the malls at lunch or eating out daily, no commitment to put money in for all those gifting occasions that pop up - babies, birthdays, weddings, etc.) AND I don't have to clean off my car and drive in all these snowstorms!!! (did I mention not driving in snowstorms LOL).

Shy
    Very well said DT_ToyMom!!! I am an E.C.E. so my profession is working in a daycare center so I would be working with children all day anyways but home daycare is my chosen choice so I could be here for my own children. I know some Mom's have no choice but they have to work outside of the home but I see a big change in society since Mom's left the home and I wish more Mom's could stay home because I think we would not have as many family problems as we do but that is just my opinion. I am very old fashion and without working Mom's I would not have an income so it all works out to what is best for your family.
    I LOVE having my home daycare because it is like I have my cake and eat it too because I can stay home with my own children and still have the profession I LOVE!!!
    I am truly blessed.
    Love: Mrs. Laurie

Reasons for opening my home daycare:

- because I've always wanted to (eventually after I had kids, which didn't happen)
    - because I couldn't find another job in my area - Qualifications: RECE, Office Administrator
    - love not having to drive into work!
    - I'm a home body, so it works well
    - I get to nap!
    - because a family friend was in a bind, and needed childcare for their daughter
    - hubby and I only need 1 car now!
    - playing with toys!
    - playing outside in the snow, and not looking like an idiot while playing in the snow...
    - couldn't stand working in a center anymore - was too stressed out at the end of each day

AND...I'm my own boss, and I can interview the parents AND kids!!!!!

Euphoric !
    My training is as an elementary school teacher although I have taken some ECE courses too but same thing as Laurie, I would only be trading my own environemnt for one controlled by someone else. I also mom to 4 kids by the time I had paid for childcare for them it wouldn't have been worth it anyways. I love being home and do not mind not having the adult contact. Not saying I don't talk to myself more than I probably should but I hear you on the no driving in snowstorms, my wardrobe consists of gym clothes and if I don't bother with makeup no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Not saying I don't talk to myself more than I probably should but I hear you on the no driving in snowstorms, my wardrobe consists of gym clothes and if I don't bother with makeup no one cares.
    Oh, forgot about those too! Love, love, love my wardrobe - but hubby thinks I should have some grown up clothes too! lol Hate wearing makeup, so that's fine! Love having PJ day with the kids! lol

Starting to feel at home...
    My reasons, in no particular order:

- the extra income is nice
    - I am able to be here for my own 4 children
    - We always wanted more than 4 kids, but fate doesn't always play that way. This is a nice way to keep interacting with young children.
    - I am able to be home to do other fun things that would take the backburner if I worked outside the home, like keep chickens, grow a large garden, baking ect.
    - it forces me off my lazy butt and out to walk 4 miles a day, doing the school walk...keeps me trim!
    - I am able to teach piano lessons out of my home because I make my own business hours...something I wouldn't be able to do if I worked a standard 9-5.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

My reasons are:

I can wear sweats
    Be here for my child
    Nap (that's #1)
    Curl up in my chair when I don't feel good
    Not having to drive to work
    Having my house clean during the week, and my family's supper cooked and ready
    Putting my hair up in a pony tail and not worrying about make up
    Sitting on my deck in the summer, with a Coke, while I watch the kids play...maybe that should be #1!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    Sitting on my deck in the summer, with a Coke, while I watch the kids play...maybe that should be #1!
    Are you sure it's a Coke and not something else?!?! lol j/k!

Before 5:30 it's coke...but after 5:30 then it's something else