Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Answering Machine

I'm having a hard time coming up with an answering machine message? I think it should be for both the daycare and the family. Just wondering what everyone thinks or has done?

Euphoric !
    Mine just states my last name and that I'll call them back, nothing about my daycare. After all, this is my home first and foremost.

same here, mine is an automated voice stating we are not available at the moment, please leave a message. People get sooooo tired listening to long winded messages where people think they have to have every member of the family included in voicing the message. Short and sweet thats what people appreciate. (did that just almost rhyme.....boy I'm more tired than I thought)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Just have whatever the machine says! lol We're too lazy to change it. Like an above poster stated, it's our home first!

If I left a message stating my home and my 2 businesses, I myself would hang up! lol Too freakin long!

Euphoric !
    "Hello, you've reached the ------- Family and ------- Daycare"......both is just fine

Expansive...
    I think for safety reasons I'd just say "Hello you've reched 123-456-7890, sorry we missed you....etc"
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    I think for safety reasons I'd just say "Hello you've reched 123-456-7890, sorry we missed you....etc"
    Now, you see I don't know if I've reached the right people when all I get is a #. When somebody leaves me their number for an interview and I call and get only a # I rarely leave a message because I'm concerned about leaving my name and number with a stranger. I like it when people at least put their last name on their machine.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Now, you see I don't know if I've reached the right people when all I get is a #. When somebody leaves me their number for an interview and I call and get only a # I rarely leave a message because I'm concerned about leaving my name and number with a stranger. I like it when people at least put their last name on their machine.

I guess you're right. I always would leave a message, maybe not as detailed but something.
    My thoughts are if they gave you the number and you're sure you dialed the right one and re-confirmed with the answering machine's message then there shouldn't be an issue.....
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Well, you make a lot of sense of course Mamma Mia!

Mine says: "Hello you've reached the _______ family and _________ Day Care, we cant come to the phone right now, but if you leave a message, we'll call you right back!
    That's it. Simple..to the point..yet "warm and cozy. It is nice and you are more likely to get a message left, if you state who you are and your day care name. Think about it, some people may not realize your an inhome daycare, they may think they posibly got the wrong number...and you loose a client. Plus I think it sounds cute to include your fam and the daycare together, as if its a family/day care. just my opinion.