Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basement set up

Euphoric !
    I used to have my daycare in the basement with meals in the upstairs dining room before I bought a new townhouse. With this place, I decided to set up on the main floor. I have to say, I've had several interviews and ALL of them have said that they like that it's on the main floor as it's got lots of natural light, easier with drop off, pick up, etc. Originally I had planned to use the basement, but am reconsidering that now.

Outgoing
    My basement is the daycare playroom. The kids sleep 2 floors up in the bedrooms to allow nice long quiet naps. We also use the main level for snacks, lunch, crafts, and sometimes just transition if I need to prepare or tidy. It`s real life...I do dishes with kids around
    On the main floor I have 2 small baskets: one with books and one with individual type toys (toy laptop, old school LeapPad etc) to ensure they have something to do, but it`s a quieter activity. Also, it`s very small and minimal, so I don`t feel like I have daycare stuff on my main level.
    I just don`t want to spend 10 hours in my basement! This works perfectly for me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have the lower floor of my house dedicated to my daycare. It is nice though because it is a raised ranch so there are 6 large windows-so it is really bright like the upper floors. As for nap-I have a kitchen and bathroom in the daycare as well as a bedroom off the playroom-this is the room I use for naptime. I really enjoy having my daycare in it's own space separate from our living space.

If you put them in the bedrooms upstairs for nap, couldn't that help you to get your "household" duties done during nap time? wash dishes, start dinner, clean, do laundry?