Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Really?!

I do however have the right, to "pick" who I want and don't want in my care, even so much as to inform parents that I do not accept "state pay" families. didn't know that until I had been running for about 5 years, just figured it was some form of discrimination. But I can state "cash only" and i do, weeds out ALOT for me.

Shy
    This thread is totally uncalled for. I know what forum you are referring to and you are wrong.
    You have just started your daycare, the ladies on the other forum have been doing this for YEARS.
    What might seem negative to you today, won't be that way if you stick it out for 5 or 10 years.
    I also think the way you are "talking" about the forum owner is uncalled for. You have belonged to that forum for a total of a few weeks. You have not seen all her posts, or how she helps people. Everything she contibutes, her time, her money and this is how you repay her for the privilege of belonging to a private forum?

Just like you have bad days, so do ther people.

Sorry that people didn't agree with your post there, but to come here and bash another forum is childish and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Nottellin'; 09-18-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added more

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nottellin' For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Well said Nottellin'

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giraffe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nottellin' View Post
    This thread is totally uncalled for. I know what forum you are referring to and you are wrong.
    You have just started your daycare, the ladies on the other forum have been doing this for YEARS.
    What might seem negative to you today, won't be that way if you stick it out for 5 or 10 years.
    I also think the way you are "talking" about the forum owner is uncalled for. You have belonged to that forum for a total of a few weeks. You have not seen all her posts, or how she helps people. Everything she contibutes, her time, her money and this is how you repay her for the privilege of belonging to a private forum?

Just like you have bad days, so do ther people.

Sorry that people didn't agree with your post there, but to come here and bash another forum is childish and ridiculous.

Ditto!!! By bitching about another forum where people feel safe & secure to truly be themselves, you have compromised their privacy. Maybe you should have taken up your issue with the person you had the problem with - that's the grown up thing to do!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to country girl For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    It is truly sad that there is that element to home daycare (or any childcare/school setting, for that matter); those that are in it for the wrong reasons (warehousing for financial gain) are burning out or are just really unprepared to even think of starting or running a daycare. I had such rose colored glasses when I first had thoughts of starting a daycare...days spent in my 'yoga' pants, days spents painting, playing with playdough and crafting, sunny happy children all the time...and, most importantly having well behaved, well adjusted children of my own, all the better for having their parent at home. While all of that is true some of the time, I never imagined that this IS NOT EASY. There is so much more to this job. Honestly, it is always in the back of my mind, whether it be in an online forum, outside in the yard, inside with the windows open or with my little DCKs eyes & ears always at the ready, at the park...whatever...my actions, be it verbal or physical are being scrutinized & very clearly effect 5 little ones. If these people are so negative/hating their job in a open forum (where anyone can read it); what the heck are they like at home behind closed doors?

Here's a thought, maybe those people are actually really great providers who are less stressed and more patient with the kids BECAUSE they have a place to vent instead of taking it out on the kids.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower For This Useful Post:

Umm ladies ~ not sure the details of the other forum or what went down over there to as she did not mention anything in her posts HERE to indicate what 'other forums' she was referring to or mentioning owners or anything my take was she was speaking very generally so only those of you who know her on both forums know what she is talking about the rest of us are in the dark so to speak so no 'privacy' has been breached?

However either way the experiences has obviously had a profound effect on her desire to network online at least at the moment because if you will look at the OP profile here she is no longer a member as her profile now reads 'guest' so her account has been deactivated .... so she is likely not reading this anyway and even if she is reading as a 'offline' option she cannot respond to your posts.

IME this is the cycle of public forums ... people come as long as the forum is meeting a need in them and when it no longer is meeting that need they get go and move on to find somewhere else that can meet that need again.

As for the 'negativity' thing the fact is that what is normal reality to one person can be extremely negative to another cause we are all on a different part in life's journey there is no 'right or wrong' there because it is based on life experience and perception .... she has the right to her perception based on her stage in her journey being optimistic and seeing the best in everything just as those expressing their opinions that were perceived as negative by her have a right to feel that what they were expressing was not negative at all but rather just the reality of how they see things based on their experience and why they protect themselves they way they do as a result!

Been in the field over 20 years and still do not perceive it the same way that others do who've been in it just as long and seen all the same things I have and so sometimes one has to just agree to disagree because we are looking at the same thing through very different lenses so to speak and until we can see through the eyes of others we are just never going to understand that perception
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Interesting thread. Let's just get it all out in the open. I have more balls than Jec does so I'll just ask her - WHY are you trashing my other site here on daycarebear? I hardly think this is the place.

Besides, YOU requested membership there. YOU came on and started thread after thread ASKING for help with your policies, guidelines and contracts. YOU asked for information dealing with difficult parents. And you know what? EVERY TIME you asked for that information someone on that forum was kind enough to answer and offer you FREE information to help you out with expecting absolutely NOTHING in return. Please, DO tell me where you are gonna find that in the world?

You know what, Jec, I have more respect for every single provider who bitches and complains then I ever will for someone like you who goes out and trashes other people behind their backs without ever having the balls to stand up and OWN your words right in front of that person.

Here's another thing............... ....daycare forums - especially those that are private where providers can come and complain or just cry and have someone else understand them SAVE KID'S LIVES. Do you even know how many kids died in a home daycare last year in North America? More than TEN! Yes, more than ten kids DIED last year in daycare. And I can tell you right now those providers who KILLED those kids felt alone and did NOT have someone to come and talk to and vent and feel validated in their feelings. I am NOT excusing the behaviour of anyone who takes the life of another - not at all. But I can assure you the LESS support ANYONE has in ANY job or life in general the more they are going to become jaded and feel helpless and alone and frustrated. So, while you see my forum as negative I actually see it as a positive. A LOT of providers - HUNDREDS - have benefited from the words written on my blog and the forum. And for every provider that was helped so were the kids in their care.

If every provider had a safe, PRIVATE place to post daycare would be better for EVERYONE. And, thanks to you, you just jeopardized that very same security they felt having a safe place to post. Congratulations - you have just made daycare harder for every provider out there.

You are newbie who has NO idea what daycare entails from a personal and mental standpoint. I love how you have the audacity to come on here and publicly bash another forum - the very SAME forum you felt was beneficial enough to TAKE all that free advice with regard to contracts, policies, and fees etc. How the hell do you think those providers came up with those iron-clad, very comprehensive contracts and policies????? Because they have lived, breathed and experienced daycare non-stop for years, decades. You can NOT take the great advice from them that you WANT and get yourself all set up nice and cozy and then turn around and bite the hand that feeds.

Good luck. You will do one of two things. You will either close up in a year because you realize that daycare, although a GREAT job, is not all rainbows and sunshine ever day OR, you will toughen up, realize we "negative" people were right and carry on. Either way, I can guarantee you that within the next 5 years you will NOT think what you do today.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    Interesting thread. Let's just get it all out in the open. I have more balls than Jec does so I'll just ask her - WHY are you trashing my other site here on daycarebear? I hardly think this is the place.

Besides, YOU requested membership there. YOU came on and started thread after thread ASKING for help with your policies, guidelines and contracts. YOU asked for information dealing with difficult parents. And you know what? EVERY TIME you asked for that information someone on that forum was kind enough to answer and offer you FREE information to help you out with expecting absolutely NOTHING in return. Please, DO tell me where you are gonna find that in the world?

You know what, Jec, I have more respect for every single provider who bitches and complains then I ever will for someone like you who goes out and trashes other people behind their backs without ever having the balls to stand up and OWN your words right in front of that person.

Here's another thing............... ....daycare forums - especially those that are private where providers can come and complain or just cry and have someone else understand them SAVE KID'S LIVES. Do you even know how many kids died in a home daycare last year in North America? More than TEN! Yes, more than ten kids DIED last year in daycare. And I can tell you right now those providers who KILLED those kids felt alone and did NOT have someone to come and talk to and vent and feel validated in their feelings. I am NOT excusing the behaviour of anyone who takes the life of another - not at all. But I can assure you the LESS support ANYONE has in ANY job or life in general the more they are going to become jaded and feel helpless and alone and frustrated. So, while you see my forum as negative I actually see it as a positive. A LOT of providers - HUNDREDS - have benefited from the words written on my blog and the forum. And for every provider that was helped so were the kids in their care.

If every provider had a safe, PRIVATE place to post daycare would be better for EVERYONE. And, thanks to you, you just jeopardized that very same security they felt having a safe place to post. Congratulations - you have just made daycare harder for every provider out there.

You are newbie who has NO idea what daycare entails from a personal and mental standpoint. I love how you have the audacity to come on here and publicly bash another forum - the very SAME forum you felt was beneficial enough to TAKE all that free advice with regard to contracts, policies, and fees etc. How the hell do you think those providers came up with those iron-clad, very comprehensive contracts and policies????? Because they have lived, breathed and experienced daycare non-stop for years, decades. You can NOT take the great advice from them that you WANT and get yourself all set up nice and cozy and then turn around and bite the hand that feeds.

Good luck. You will do one of two things. You will either close up in a year because you realize that daycare, although a GREAT job, is not all rainbows and sunshine ever day OR, you will toughen up, realize we "negative" people were right and carry on. Either way, I can guarantee you that within the next 5 years you will NOT think what you do today.
    - well said Judy!! - This Newbie appreciates ALL of the help I have been given on this site AND yours in helping me grow my daycare business!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to country girl For This Useful Post:

Wow, as reggio said. we all see it as if with our own "lenses" not sure the "depth" of this one (seems a little deeper than I gathered) I still say thanks to the original post in the nature of "how I saw it" which was geared more toward the "positivity" of THIS site and not nec. the pure negativity of another. Have to go back in time a day or two, and reiterate here maybe the MOST important point, which was........this is a "great site" filled with "great people". Leave it at that ladies, no more battle, please!!!!! The "anger" I sense on this one is "making" it a negative site. Don't worry....Be Happy Now!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5