Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Termination Letters!

Hello Again...

Do we issue a letter only if we are terminating a client or everytime a client give us notice too..

I typed up a letter for a client last week and refused to accept it because we ended up in bad terms..how can this affect me and my bussiness??

Thanks in advance for your support...

Euphoric !
    Does it affect your business at all? I figure, even if the parent doesn't accept the letter, notice has still been given. It's up to you whether or not to continue to offer services. I suppose a witness would be handy.

Sorry to hear you had to end on bad terms....sucks. So much for that reference.

Euphoric !
    Well, refusing to accept a letter is strange, but next time you could put it in the backpack and tell the parent that there is a letter for them to read and then call you if they want to discuss things. If you told them verbally cfred is right and that is acceptable as legal. You could also send an email to confirm the termination and print it out and put it in their file just in case of any problems. CYA (cover your a**) Good luck.

Shy
    yes it was given verbally and since it was unexpected, mom was furious and ask to have everything ready at pick up time. I told her she had two weeks to find a replacement but refuse the offer and give me the blessings, if you know what I mean.
    I was before and after school care only.
    Also, have a text sent to her offering the time to look for someone else and her response.

I would not worry too much about them not 'accepting' the termination letter and not choosing to send their child during the notice period you've given ~ as long as you have followed your contract with them you are covered and most clients when things end poorly do not choose to send their child for that notice period .... according to your contract how is payment handled during the termination notice period?

The reason they suggest having 'signed termination of contracts in writing' is to prove to CRA in an audit when income started and ended with a client as additional proof to CYA as mentioned above .... if they left on bad terms and you have 'texts' from them I would print out the texts if you have that option on your phone or if you can take a photo of the texts on the phone and print that out along with your copy of the termination letter they refused to accept and make note of that on it 'client refused to sign acceptance' and keep that with your records should you ever get audited.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

apples and bananas
    I send them their final receipt registered and I include a copy of the termination letter.

But seeing as she's so upset, I don't know why it's important that she has the letter. What is she going to do? Stand on your doorstep and demand you take the child as they have not recieved the letter? Silly parents... don't worry too much about it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to include it in any further paperwork you have to give her... reciepts.

Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I send them their final receipt registered and I include a copy of the termination letter....
    This is a good idea ~ I have never had a client leave on poor terms so clients always come back for their annual receipt cause I make clients sign for it too as proof they got their copy ~ but this is a good idea to keep in mind cause a registered letter they have to 'sign' acceptance of so you have proof they received it!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi