Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I do the same thing as Alpha. Half the time they know the answer to what ever question it is they are asking you, so when you turn it around on them, they either give up or start answering their own questions.

agreed, I also do the "ignore" technique....ever tried that one? I fully understand why they ask "why" and why they say "look at me" all day long but, doesn't change how annoying it can be. I think it is a "lack of attention" for this one.....earlier today she comes up to me to "tattle" on another little boy, she says...."he's talking about a movie"....what do you say to that? oh my, we can't let him do that, he can't talk about a movie, that's just bad behavior!! She doesn't care what she is going to say, doesn't even think about it, just knows about every 3 to 5 minutes she needs to come back, stand next to me and .......say something, just to get my attention!!! Hope its just a phaze, cuz it's driving me up the wall.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    i have a what are you doing? why? why? why? why? (as she followes me around the house).

Euphoric !
    Sounds like my own 2 year old daughter...all day everything is "Why? why? why? what? Why? What?"....I joke with her about it and ask her "What why whay why whar why?"...she finds that pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    Have you all ever had that "I need you to look at me and I need to know what you are doing constantly, and watch me! watch me! watch me!" kid in your care? I just want to go to the bathroom by myself, or get a load of laundry in with out, "what are you doing?" "can I help?" "can I come?"......love her, but VERY annoyed sometimes!!
    Oh my gosh...I had two of them...they just started school so are gone now...whew!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Traditionally the old baby books talked about the "terrible twos" which were then followed by the "why and cry" three year olds. It isnt' till a child reaches this stage that we pine for terrible twos. At least we could still control them or didn't feel bad about putting them in their beds to get over it. Telling a 3 year old to go to the next room and leave you alone isn't really in our nature - thank goodness for the lock on my laundry door - I can hide in there if I need to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

I have seriously done that before, just go into a room and close the door, sit on the other side and ......take a deep breath. Sometimes I think some Mom's have a great big chuckle on their way to work, like wew!!! glad she has to handle that for the next 10 hours and not me.

completely agree with the "terrible two's" comment, have yet to have one that I found terrible, that age is BY FAR my favorite anywhere from 1.5 to 3. After 3 it gets more difficult to find patience, by the time they hit 4.....GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Euphoric !
    I had a girl like that and now I have a boy like that. I truly hope these annoying children are few and far between!

they usually are more few and far between, but I tell ya......having one is like having a hundred "easy to deal with" some days.

I have an 'almost' 3 year old exactely like that! She wants to follow me everywhere. Now, the 2 year old boy is starting to be the same. Love them both, but come on! Lol