Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Cancelled interviews!

Uggg.....so annoying! Had my first two interviews scheduled to reopen my daycare. The mother who was coming last Friday emailed an hour before to say she couldn't make it and would be in touch to reschedule. The Mom who was coming this morning emailed half an hour before to cancel and asked if she could reschedule. I don't expect to hear back from either, but I wonder why people bother to say they want to reschedule? I'm glad I asked them to let me know if they could not make it instead of waiting all day for a no show....thanks to you ladies who recommended that on another thread!! Love my delicious hubby who said " good thing they didn't come....obviously they are not good enough for your daycare!" ha ha!!! Thanks for the wee vent!

Good for you wonderwiper, and heres the thing, the reason they say they will call to reschedule is only because the other option is not easy to say..."we found other care" "we dont need your services" they are just taking the easy way out and letting you down with a smile still on your face, it IS very likely they don't plan on calling back. Either way, think pretty hard before you consider rescheduling, this may have been your way out incognito. your "delicious" Hubby may just be on to something...they may not be good enough for you! keep looking, they're out there. Hay...if you happen to find anyone in need of care in the US full time. send them my way!!!!

Expansive...
    Ha ha, will do kidlove! I just don't get why people would bother....I don't even know them. I would just politely decline the interview, end of contact! Must make them feel better to lie, ha ha! Don't worry, they are off my list!! I understand that things do legitimately come up, but if you were truly interested you would want to set a new time straight away!

Outgoing
    It is annoying that they are cancelling at the last minute, but at least they are letting you know they aren't coming. I hate when people make arrangements for an interview and then never show up, and don't bother letting you know they won't be coming! Total waste of time!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bookworm For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    It is annoying that they are cancelling at the last minute, but at least they are letting you know they aren't coming. I hate when people make arrangements for an interview and then never show up, and don't bother letting you know they won't be coming! Total waste of time!
    Exactly!!! Then you just get annoyed and angry at that person instead of shrugging it off! So rude!

Euphoric !
    Don't be discouraged though, keep trying. It's a shame there are so many rude, obnoxious people in this world, but you didn't want them anyway! You're waiting for the great families, right?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I had the same thing happen to me, I got an email the mornng of telling me that they have already done some interviews and have pretty much already made their decision so there was no need to even bother with our interview!!! The other interview just didn't bother to show up!
    I'm still trying to fill my spots as well. So I definately know where you're coming from!
    Hopefully you will fill up soon!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    People are so rude Momof5!! Luckily I am in no hurry to get clients and can take my time to find great families, I just get annoyed with people who are disrespectful, it takes 5 seconds to send an email! Hope you find a wonderful family to fill your space soon!

Starting to feel at home...
    I've had similar issues as well Momof5. One woman that I met with had interviewed 15 (count 'em) caregivers. When I asked her what she was seeing that she was concerned about/not liking she couldn't answer. Some parents just like to interview and sit on other people's couches I guess....LOL