Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    My first interview is always after daycare hours! I never bring a stranger into the home. Once I've met with them and they sign on ... deposit and all... then they can come into my house during daycare hours.

You hear too many scary things now a days. Better be safe then sorry.

If I were a parent, watching the "interaction" of the provider with the other children and the way the provider handles the shuffle of me and the kids at the same time would say a lot about her abilities to multitask and handle "stressful situations". The way I see the whole "stranger" in the house thing is this: I have a sign out front that says I'm a Daycare, they already know my address, anyone could come in contact or watch you with the children in a park or other public place......my Daycare parents trust me (so theirs no worries over having interviews during hours) not to mention, they understand this is a business of profit, I can't make a profit if I can't do things like take on new clients. And family time totally outweighs and business in the evening. Have to add, my husband says "no business after close!" I respect that. He is understanding enough to remove himself during the day "all day" the least I can do is give his home back in the pm.