Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Why do I even turn the monitor on

So, thank you for all of the naptime support you have all given me. I am finally settled at nap time. Thanks to some spa music on the main floor so my hard sleepers can just sleep. I no longer worry about waking them up. But my 2 non sleepers just keep taking turns upstairs. The good news is they don't wake each other...but some days I wonder why I even turn the monitor on. Number 1 goes for 10 min... then quiet for 20, then number 2 goes for 20 min... then quiet for 10. UGH! So frustrating... but I'm not going up. They're up there until 2... get used to it!

Hope you are all having a wonderful quiet time.

I too have a "light sleeper", at home his mom makes sure the house is silent, she won't even do chores while he sleeps (can just picture her sitting in the corner twittling her thumbs) When he's here? (takes more patience for me) I go about my daily business, he wakes up and cries when I open the "squeakie" cupboard, then cries himself back to sleep...wakes up and cries when the dryer goes on, then dries himself back to sleep....wakes up when I TYPE ON THE KEYBOARD (no joke), then cries himself back to sleep. Whatever, I have thick skin, I can handle it! He's in "thick skin training" when he's here. Doing better than a month ago.

Outgoing
    humidifiers are wonderful!

apples and bananas
    I have a humidifier in one room, a fan in another and spa music on the main floor. LOL My house is painfully loud during quiet time. Ha.

Thanks for sharing Kidlove, nice to know I'm not the only one letting them cry it out.

When I go up to settle one back down, I just wake the other one up... so, no more. Cry it out kids! I'm having a break.

Yep, I'm going through the same thing with my 15 month olds. Its like they conspired to drive me crazy. "ok, I'll sleep for a while and then when you stop crying, I'll start and we will keep doing that over and over till we break her" News flash kiddies, I will outlast you

Outgoing
    I had a phase with one a few years ago where I'd tried everything and since the others were all upstairs, I had a room in the basement for my screamer and I'd watch TV with headphones on. There was just nothing else to do....he turned into my best napper until he left for school. There's hope!