Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    So happy to hear your son is happy in his new daycare. So did you not receive any funds back from the first "provider"? To be honest, she's sounds like a goof and I am glad your son didn't spend more time with her. Thanks for the update.

No, we never received any of the money back. I'm sure we could have "hounded" her for the money but in all honesty we had less than two weeks to find full time care and all our time was spent trying to find a new provider and scheduling meetings around our work hours and we were just really just too busy to spend any more of our time on her. We basically paid 600.00 for 5 days of care. Live and learn I guess.

And it doesn't really colour my view of daycare providers at all, this was just one person who wasn't cut out for it, was in a position where she wanted the money but didn't want to continue to provide service and was just overall kind of a flake I guess.

As disappointing as this experience was for you and your husband, I admire your positive attitude. Thank you for not abandoning the idea of placing your child in the home daycare setting despite having a lousy first experience.
    This woman stole money from you and if she had any ethics, she would have returned YOUR money to you.
    Most importantly it sounds like your son is happy where he is so I hope you can go to work with the peace of mind knowing he is well cared for.