Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Oh the screaming...

I have 2 bad nappers. I only had one until just recently when the second turned on me. Might have something to do with the new born at home.

So this is how my nap time goes. For the first hour... silence. Beutiful... wonderful... enjoyable silence. Then one starts, then the other starts and they scream back and forth for a full hour, sometimes hour and a half.

I've turned the monitors off... I check in every 15 minutes... but really just to see if they're still crying.

It's exhausting listening to it.

Totally agree that it IS EXAUSTING to listen to, but the alternative would be so much worse. Don't give in, keep them in the rooms at nap (separate if possible) and tune it out! sooner or later, they will learn they are not getting out early, and more than likely go back to sleep OR lay quietly until nap time is over. Either way, don't sacrifice your peace and time to get chores done. Just tune it out!

I have two the same. Sometimes I will just sit on my porch for a few moments and take a breather from the crying other times I turn on the "spa" music on my cable channel and listen to the sounds of the sea rolling in. If I can still hear the crying through the surf I just pretend they are seagulls.

apples and bananas
    LOL, I have the spa music on my tv going for my two angels napping on my main floor ( knock on wood ) And the two screamers are screaming away in their own rooms upstairs. UGH!