Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small bookcase

Outgoing

Small bookcase

I'm not sure if this is what you're supposed to do in this category but my toy organization just fell apart and I need something quick quick. I am looking for a deep 3-4 shelf bookcase about 3-4 feet high. As cheap as possible. I can't afford to buy anything in a store at the moment.

If you know of anything, please let me know!

maybe try a second hand store? What do you need the shelf for? maybe I could try and think of something you could use to take the place of a shelf.

Euphoric !
    When we moved and I didn't have my room set up right away I used the rubbermaid bins the stuff was packed in. I lined the bins up along the wall and put the toys on the top of them - ideal height for the toddlers to stand up at and play right there. And when I wanted to rotate toys just traded with what was in the bins.

Take your chairs from the dining table during the day and line them up along the wall - a toy will fit on a chair as well as a bin, basket, or cardboard box will fit under the chair to hold other stuff. Then just put in large bin at night and chairs back to table for adult use.

Check out kijiji or usedottawa - there are often some almost free things on the lists. Also value village and other second hand stores also will have shelves for very cheap.

Outgoing
    I'm using the bins right now doing the same thing - up against the wall but I'm finding the toys are really "in my face" and I'm looking for a bookshelf because it seemed like the cheapest alterntative to put the bins in so the toys looked more hidden.

I've tried kijiji but I'm basically looking for free lol..hard to find

Euphoric !
    There is a good yahoo group for freecycle and you can ask for what you want or offer what you have and it is all done for free. That would be a good place to ask for what you are in need of.

FullCirclesOttawa@ya hoogroups.ca

You would need to go to yahoo.ca, create a profile (sign up with an email address) and then go to groups to search for what you want. Type in fullcirclesottawa to find the group. There are also some great childcare groups and well a group of pretty much anything you could want to join.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Gosh I wish you were closer. I have 2 empty book cases sitting in my basement right now. But I'm in Edmonton.. sorry