Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

How much do you think you spend per day to feed a daycare child?

I know that the question was asked about how much we spend on groceries per month and that averaged $800-1000. What do you think you spend per day per child on food? I buy a lot of fresh fruit and veggies (organic when I can), cheese, chicken, milk and breads. These seem to be the most expensive items that I purchase. Just curious to see what it costs per day to feed a daycare child. I serve a morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack at my daycare.

thanks for taking the time to answer

I think we averaged it out to about $7/child per day when we were figuring out my taxes. I serve fresh fruits and veggies as well, and 2 snacks and a lunch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Roughly about $7/child for the average but depending on what we're having it may be $1 or $2 higher some days.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Shy
    I also usually average around the $7/child mark as well depending on what is on the menu for that day. Some days are easily closer to $8 or $9 though....fresh fruit, veggies, meat and cheese are so expensive!!

Expansive...
    Hmmm...I have never priced it out. I guess around $4 -$12 per day in food for the children. Some days I only have 1 child and then the most I have is 4. I cook large meals and serve leftovers for lunch and then the fresh fruits and vegs and the organic products (applesauce, crackers, etc) are the pricey things. I usually but meat from costco and then divide it up into cooking portions and freeze it so that saves a bit.

The worst thing is that my After School Child eats me out of house and home. I agreed to a $10 rate because it is only for after school but I had no idea what appetite she has !!! Mon dieu ! I think most days she eats $10 worth. She is not overweight so i don't know where she puts it but she can eat a lot. lol. This will be the last year I do after school because it is not worth it for me.