Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

If a family needs to leave your care....

before starting school-- and the leave is on good terms, how do you prefer to be told.

Just the official written notice? Email?

Here, just a verbal. that's all.

Expansive...
    Just verbal is fine here as well for a child we know is heading to school! I prefer written notice of an unexpected departure.

Yup my policy is at least two weeks written notice although in cases like this where they are leaving for school I usually know months in advance ... I like it in writing so there is no confusion on my 'taxes' ... I have a clear date of when a contract started and ended in writing with signatures to reflect my income and I keep that together in my tax files.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    My school kids that just left was all done verbally with the idea my contract says I don't do school age so leaving wasn't an option as was the fact I am not the school zone for any of them anyways. All of them did it verbally with flexible leaving dates as in left open ended on my part. I planned my advertising giving a couple weeks leeway for each one knowing I didn't want to fill the spaces over the summer anyways and have time with less kids.

Euphoric !
    Verbal or written, as long as we are on good terms I don't mind and as long as they respect the notice period as per my contract too.