So I had a client, and we both just loved each other, to the point that we were pretty sure that we were going to stay and hang out outside of my dayhome once their child went on to their new Dayhome which starts next week. (They live the furthest away and we both understood that this would happen in fall)
So her Son has been with me since March. Has never had an accident besides bumping himself here and there. And Everything has been great! She was my favourite mom.
So we were planning to have a little goodbye party for him this friday. And yesterday he got bit by one of the new kids that I have brought in to replace him.(second time) But A pretty big and deep bite this time. I sent her a photo with sincere apologies. She responds that she doesn't know what to say. And next thing you know. She comes and picks him up as usual and says that today is his last day. All calmly and normal. And That its going to work out cause his new dayhome lady can take him in early.

So at first, I was just sad and felt guilty. But now I'm kind of mad? and I don't know if I should be but I'm kind of mad. I just feel like it was a slap in the face for her to have chosen to react like that in this situation (even though realistically it makes my life easier)
and it might have been suiting if she was some client that had been holding in anger for some prolonged time or didn't like the dayhome anymore or where this continuously happened ....but this is just bogus. What should I do? Should i still have him over and get him gifts to kind of put closure and have a real goodbye? She had mentioned stopping by on friday? or do I just say screw this and move on?
How would you handle it?