Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Euphoric !
    Eeks, I was a Mom at 19, a Grandma at 38 and I've been a grandma for a while now. I always worked outside the home, but I got sick of making other corporations rich and working with (sorry) total bitches, and I bet a lot of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I was never self-employed before but when I decided to start this home daycare business I came in cold and had a lot to learn. Thankfully, in my first year in business I found a wonderful group of co-workers (other like-minded home daycare providers) who taught me to be strong, to stand up for myself, to create an iron-clad contract and to respect myself so that my clients will respect me. I'm doing great now thanks to a wonderful support system with other HDCP's in my area. I am so lucky.

I never want to work with horrible women again or for a big company again and it looks like my daycare is a huge success so I won't have that worry now. I have a long waiting list of people in case I ever have another space open up. I keep my CPR/first aid up to date but have not bothered with a police check since I'm the only person in the house and if people can't see that I'm trustworthy and honest from day one then I don't want them here anyway.

I offer a wonderful program, field trips with medical info forms always in my possession, and I always tell the parents my plans for the day and our locations with expected times in case of any emergencies on their parts so they will know where to find their children.

Quote Originally Posted by emmabail View Post
    I totally agree on all the points you mentioned because kids safety and their protection is the most important thing.but i always prefer that instead than keep a individual daycare its always better to keep them in daycare school because they are very professional and provides the best daycare services its the best place for kids safety.There are so many kids care who are done just the best work to grow up kids in a lovingly environment.
    Sorry, who ARE you? Are you an earnest child care provider wishing to share information on this site, or are you some spammer? I ask you this because you have posted replies to a few threads here with pretty much the SAME answer - that home daycares are not favourable, and that daycare centres are safer and better. My nose is a little out of joint. I would never disrespect your business. Please don't disrespect mine.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    In British Columbia a family childcare provider looking after more than 2 children must be licensed with the Ministry of Children and Families and we must adhere to all regulations. A licensing officer will drop in unannounced to do an inspection of the daycare and provider. We need childsafe first aid, criminal record searches for all family members every 5 years, a stimulating educational program, proper sleeping arrangements, building and plumber inspections, etc etc... I know many in home (family daycare) providers and they offer safe, nurturing, quality care. I also know many daycare centres where there are allegations and investigations regarding abuse (mental, physical, emotional and neglect). Children have gone missing in centres, walking out the door without any of the many caregivers noticing. There are usually so many caregivers in a centre that the children have trouble bonding with anyone of them, there is no mother figure for them to cling to. There are so many children in the centres that many children do not get the hugs and comforting that they need because there is not enough time for all of them. There is a lot of bullying because caregivers have trouble monitoring to many children. I have had many discussions with a very well known Canadian child psychologist who sees no redeeming value in sending children under 7years old to an institutional/centre based daycare. I am sure there are some quality centres but I certainly would not have sent my boys to this sort of care. In my opinion Family (in home) daycare has much more to offer than the large institutional centres.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to horsegirl For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaghetti View Post
    Sorry, who ARE you? Are you an earnest child care provider wishing to share information on this site, or are you some spammer? I ask you this because you have posted replies to a few threads here with pretty much the SAME answer - that home daycares are not favourable, and that daycare centres are safer and better. My nose is a little out of joint. I would never disrespect your business. Please don't disrespect mine.
    I just thought I was reading the same post over from last night? I am very confused emmaball? I even stuck up for you? For someone who is suppose to be Christian you are extremely closed minded and if the daycare center you work for is in California like on your link then this is not the forum for you.

The members of this site are extremely professional, compassionate, loving daycare providers who work out of our homes. Our focus is safety, education, and teaching amazing core values. We care and love the children we watch. So if centers are your focus please go and find a forum for like-minded individuals.

Expansive...
    I think this is one area that people may have to agree to disagree on.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    I think this is one area that people may have to agree to disagree on.
    Absolutely. It really comes down to what you feel is best for your child. I may weigh certain criteria more heavily such as diet and physical exercise, than others. Obviously the criteria each person uses will inform their decision.

Thats it, do "your" homework (whatever that may be credentials/no credentials) but at the end of the day, whatever is most important to each specific parent keep this in mind.....the well being of your child falls on YOU, not the provider you choose. If the person you go with is un-fit for whatever reason, it's because of you making a poor choice or a "mistake" in so many cases. Bottom line, trust your gut, do "your" homework, and trust in the Good Lord that you made the right choice. Just as you choose to work outside the home=your responsibilty, you also choose the person who takes your child=your responsibility

Euphoric !
    Unfortunately what people don't see is the child that is so tired from not being put to bed on time and dragged out to daycare early in the morning they can barely walk a straight line let alone climb or run or swing, or not fed a nutritious enough breakfast to make it through or never taught by their parents that it is ok to not have a parent hold the pail while you scoop sand into it lest it tip over and spill on you. Caregivers rarely complain about a child as the child - so much of what we tolerate is not the child's fault and we don't take it out on the child but there is no way to train a parent that refuses to parent other than to terminate them and send their misguided selves on to become someone else's problem family.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: