Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    apples and bananas

The runny noses have begun

I've gone so long with no sickness at all in my house... and we started the season great. But it's caught up with us. This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and one my little ones came in with a runny nose, mom's sick, the other little one is starting fall under the weather. UGH! Get out the hand sanitizer and Lysol. And above all, I have a 13 month old that will not keep anything out of his mouth. I spend all day saying " little johnny, not in your mouth " Nothing I do works, it's been an ongoing issue since he started 6 weeks ago. Drives me bananas!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

I here ya sister!!!!! Just added to my post about Mom picking up early.....come to find out..they are both ILL, went home yesterday to go to bed and didn't bother informing me they were so sick. Then have enough nerve to blame the daycare.!!!! take your meds, do you have any vit d-3 and c's......oooooh, my favorite is "air-born" do you have any of that, works great! FEEL BETTER!

Outgoing
    I hear ya!! My son started an eye infection yesterday (he gets an eye infection EVERY TIME he gets sick) and he's a little stuffy and runny. My older kid just coughed and he's a little congested too. Is it bad I'm hoping they all get sick so they don't come and I can get a long weekend? LOL Is that bad? I'm such a bad person LOL

But I hope you feel better! What a yucky time of year!

Euphoric !
    I've got one away today too - the baby so hoping no one else got it but all the kids and parents have been a little under and stuffy and pickier on eating, touchier in play, etc so think everyone is really fighting something but the baby just doesn't have the immunities yet. If anyone is going to get it now it will likely be me since I am the one the baby breathed and snotted on.

Euphoric !
    I have three that are coughing, sneezing and snotting.... I hope my kids and I dont get it .... Good luck to everybody

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    The kiddos here have been passing a cold back and forth for about 3 weeks now. It seems like every time they have all managed to get rid of it one particular girl will show up with a runny nose again. Just clear discharge not yellow or green so I could refuse care lol. Then it starts again.

It doesn't help that I have 3 kids that will NOT keep things out of thier mouths. Someone tell me, is that a girl thing? The 2 boys never put anything in thier mouth but the 3 girls (22 mos, 23 mos, and almost 3) still do. Worst offender is the almost 3 year old. This astounds me as my son (just turned 3 this month) has been over that stage for a VERY long time.

I'm wiping noses, passing out sanitizer, cleaning the toys more often, lysol wiping every surface constantly, washing hands frequently and nothing seems to be kicking this thing out of my house. I hate colds. >_<

Starting to feel at home...
    This is a brutal time of year for colds and sickness. It takes at least 3 weeks to pass through the daycare and then some other bug hits everyone. I have a policy that if the child has a runny nose either clear or green/yellow they must stay home as this seems to be the fastest way to spread the germs. Parents may not like this, but I explain that if I get sick and have to take time off many families will suffer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to horsegirl For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    We have a very dangerous job ladies.

All of my dckids are sick with several different colds so I can potentially catch 5 different viruses which will make me very sick. And in 3 days I'm getting on an international flight to an 8 day dream vacation. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggg ggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Expansive...
    I've been stuffy but not running....

My daughter is at the runny stage and dcg isn't herself today. Her mom is home sick so that gives about 2 days before she's at it too. 5yr old dcg got home from school and was laying down and fell sleep. She then wanted to cuddle (great, pass on the germs) poor girl wasn't herself and I felt so bad so she slept in my arms until mom got there. So......if it's not "here" it's coming BOOOOOO!!!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I'd be curious to know what people's policies on colds are. So far I haven't refused care for any type of cold and I've had all kinds from the clear discharge to the thick green/yellow kind... does anyone refuse care for colds?