Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Thank You to all Experienced Providers Advice

Hi everyone, I just want to say Thank You to all of you that have given all us "new" providers!! It really does make a difference knowing that you are all out there to turn to for such great advice.
    I reached out and asked another provider here for some interview advice and tips,in doing that i finally realized what i was doing wrong in my interviews!! So I followed everything she had said, Well that night i signed another family!!!!!!
    For all the new providers really take the advice that you get, They know what they are talking about!!!

My post really is Just to Say a Big THANK YOU!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Congrats .... And happy Wednesday even if it's overcast and threatening rain ; )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Hey congrats that's fantastic news. I remember your post from weeks ago about interviews.
    I agree, you learn so much here on this board
    Would you mind sharing what it was that you were doing wrong? You don't have to say but I'm curious and always interested in things related to interviewing!

Congrates Momof5, yes, please share what you have learned ! Anything to make the dreaded interview process flow easier

Starting to feel at home...
    One of the biggest things i was doing wrong, I was letting families shoot questions at me, which lead me to not ask the questions about the child. ( self sooth, finger foods, in previous daycare, etc..)
    I was letting these families rattle my nerves, I would then forget everything i should be asking.
    Basically I took control of the interview, I did most of the talking, and had confidence in myself this time. Having control of the interview really made a difference!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof5 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree...this has been an invaluable source of information, advice, tips, inspiration and so much more for me! It is so great to be able to learn form others rather than having to make all the mistakes myself Also, I really find that hearing about what other providers are doing always pushes me to try new things, add new skills etc...I feel like the bar is set a little higher on here....when I meet other providers at the park or see other daycares (or hear about them) I am often amazed at how low the bar has been set...I feel this forum is full of truly dedicated providers who really care and who are always trying to better themselves

We are one of the very few fields that are so freely giving of support and advice for thriving in your business .... can you see the CEO's of McDonalds sitting down and breaking bread with Burger King about how they can get a bigger share of the market
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Bahahaha Reggio ....

Expansive...
    I know I LOVE this board, and know that i can come here with even my stupidest (lol) of questions and get straight answers full of empathy and support!!!!

Euphoric !
    Congrats, Momof5, that's wonderful news. When I learned that confidence and control and relaxing were the best tools to use at an interview it really helped me too. I still want my house to be super clean and I want to have time to get myself cleaned up after a long day of work before an interview but I sit down and take several deep breaths and remember that I am watching them. I choose who comes into my home. I choose who I work with and which child I want to help on the road to a successful life. I don't even get nervous about interviewing any more. I still don't like it, but I can do it now!