Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oddball Parents

Starting to feel at home...
    I have one parent who has the same concern or question every couple months! It is so aggravating, I have finally started to document everything so I can remind her... we talked about this on this date and this was the response... remember? lol

I'm not sure what the issue is with nail polish and makeup on boys. If it's ok for little girls to play dress up, why not little boys?

I had a daycare parent who sought me out two weeks before going back to work (we lived in a city that had a very low supply of any type of daycare, the kind of place where you look while you're still pregnant), but I had a part time space for her son. We had a great interview, and then when they were leaving, she mentioned in passing that she'd like for me to EC her 12 mo kid, and oh by the way, we are vegan, and so is he, so nothing he eats can come into contact with animal product of any kind.

Um. No. LOL!!!

The ONE thing that drives me up the wall is when parents won't let their little boy play with a doll or the little girl push the truck....how sexist really? who's to say that boy won't become a great Daddy some day because his daycare provider allowed him to snuggle dollies or the little girl won't be one of the best heavy equiptment operators because she had a fixation with trucks as a little girl? Now those are the things that drive me nuts, regarding boy /girl habits. The paint? I painted my sons thumb nail when he asked when little , never pushed to do all his toes or do it all the time. And never suggested it was "pretty" would usually say "cool!"
    Last edited by kidlove; 09-28-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: correction