Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Nap time Baby Monitors?

Do you baby monitors for each napping child? I have 3 napping children who all nap in separate rooms and the only one that has a monitor currently is my daughter in her room. I could hear her without the monitor if I'm on the main floor so do you think I should invest in 2 more or just leave it?

TIA

Outgoing
    I have 1 in each of my bedrooms. I just like to hear what's going on in there...who is awake and babbling/talking away, etc.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

I don't have any! We have a bungalow and can hear everything just fine without! Especially when you have loud sleepers - don't need to hear them louder!

apples and bananas
    I have 2 monitors. I have one that sits in the hall upstairs and I can hear everyone through it. However, I keep the second one for the days when someone is sick, or fussy, or just not sleeping well and I need to be able to know what's going on specifically in that room.

i need to invest in a video monitor, but I find it so hard to shell out the money for one.

Expansive...
    I also have two. One a 'regular' sound one in the room with the little one. Otherwise I can hear the others scream quiet clearly! She whimpers sometimes and that I wouldn't hear and if we're in the playroom while she napped again that's 2 floors away.

Then I have the video monitor that used to be in the little one's room so that I can get used to her sleep habits & cries of 'dreaming' vs. upset. Now it's in the basement to keep an extra set of eyes on the others while I do potty/diaper runs and nap the little one etc. They still don't get how I know when they're touching something they shouldn't! LOL
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    All my kids nap in the same room and sleep for roughly the same amount of time. I don't have a monitor because I lay on the couch/read a book/lounge about 8 feet from the room. I can hear everything just fine. Even if I do wander around the house the sound travels so well I can hear them anywhere unless I'm in the basement putting in a load of laundry.

Shy
    My monitor is a video one, but I left our old one at my in laws for when we visit - I could just bring it back and put it in the hallway as you all suggest.

As for wanting a video monitor - Levana has one on sale right now (Jena), that can have up to 4 extra cameras for $75.99 (regular $249.99) - we use last years version of that one and it works GREAT! Highly recommend it.