Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My turn to vent....sneaky parents:(

Why oh why do some parents continually lie thru their teeth when bringing sick kids to daycare! I have one parent who I would terminate in a heartbeat were it not the fact that I'm trying to still fill one spot and she has 2 kids in my care. So then I'd be down 3 spots cannot afford that .

This woman continually brings her sick kids here when she swears up and down that they are better. Gasto virus spread like wildfire thru my daycare extending on to my own kids and hubby. Hasn't gotten me. Yet.

So this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks I've called her to pick up her child(ren). Still have diarrhea after staying home yesterday. I changed dcb 5 times in 90 minutes wet stools that soaked thru his diaper!!! She picks him up ( left dcg here) and swears he had NO loose stools yesterday at all. Yeah right. And I have a bridge I can sell you!

Lord give me patience with this woman. The same woman who sends her kids here everyday when she was off for 3 months and picked them up right at 6 on the button. Uggghh... Have to disinfect EVERYTHING again this morning while kids nap. As it is, I have them in the yard so that the remaining daycare kids don't come in to much contact with toys he played with

Outgoing
    I would insist that the child stay out of care after they are "well" for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to care for this woman so that you can at least have a chance that she will not bring them in sick. Do you have a sickness policy? If not, I would get one and enforce it. I have it in my policy that if a parent lies about their children's illness that I can and will terminate care.

Forgot to add that she is off at home today anyway. Not working today. Yet she STILL brought sick child to me!!

Yes I have a policy. And I did have her keep them home yesterday. When she swears up and down on my text to her this morning that her kids are all better! I sent her a text this morning reminding her that her son Needs to stay home if he's had even one more loose watery stool since yesterday @ at 9:00am. She swore he was ALL better. Yeah. He was saving his 5 explosive poops for my house today right?

Expansive...
    Honestly at this point after lie #2,3,4 etc. I'd demand a Dr.'s note saying that he is A-OK and no longer contagious around other children. WITH THOSE WORDS.....if he's had 5 loose stools in 90min that's not OK! And a good Dr will see that and tell her!

You know what, After that many diapers and days of being sick I as a PARENT would go to the Dr anyways because that is a sure sign that something's off. (eye roll at stupid parents)
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    I agree I would not let the child back without a drs note and I have a clause in my handbook that says "attention to parents with siblings in care ... If one child is absent due to illness, you must keep the other child at home as well " Someone has to be home with the sick kid anyway.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Dr note is a great idea, and require it from now on, although I have found in the past, I seem to have higher standards than some dr's in town. You need to set things straight with this chick and after you find someone to take the place of her two kids, send her down the road. People like this drive me nuts! and I have had my fair share, they show NO respect and USE YOU at every turn. She to top it off, clearly has no morals if she will lie to you repeatedly. Fill the spot quick but until them? send the kids home until 48 hrs pass with no loose stools or other symptoms and a dr note. I have added to my contracts a "sick child fee"...if any child comes down with an illness while in my care fever, vomit, diahreah or any other contagious symptom, they must pick up with in 30 minutes (I live in the country so I allow for travel) and have 20$ in hand at pick-up. Sick of being pushed around by people who just "have to get to work" and will lie to get there.

Euphoric !
    OMG...you must have my old dc family! I had the same issues...2 siblings...brought sick often when mom was at home...always first to arrive and last to leave...so glad they are gone! Good luck to you!

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    I agree I would not let the child back without a drs note and I have a clause in my handbook that says "attention to parents with siblings in care ... If one child is absent due to illness, you must keep the other child at home as well " Someone has to be home with the sick kid anyway.
    I'm curious why you demand the other child stay home? My personal feeling on it is that as long as child B is not showing symptoms of being sick I would allow them to come. Then mom or dad that is home at least is concentrating solely on child A that is sick. Or maybe neither mom or dad is home but has grandma or a family friend taking care of sick child. Last minute child care is easier to find for one kiddo than it is for two.

Euphoric !
    Because generally if one kid has the stomach flu or other contagious virus the other one is going to get it too but it is just in the incubation period ... As well the sibling would be carying the germs of the infected child on their person and would then be bringing it into the daycare and touching the toys/books/furniture ect and transferring the illness that way. I would rather try to keep as much sickness out of the daycare as possible. Same as if one sibling throws up or spikes a fever While at daycare both kids need to be picked up as the other child wont understand why xxxx gets to go home and they don't.