Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

A teacher sues a 6yr old child for assault

Ok having spent almost a quarter of a century working with this age group sadly I do believe that it is possible that a child did this to a 220 lb man specially ones whose employment mandate is likely clearly defined to not 'restrain or physically touch a child or face charges yourself' .... seriously in my career I have been bitten, bruised, scratched, cut and witnessed a child who was able to pi
    ck up a 6 foot table and whip it across a lunchroom as well as another who ripped a sink off the wall in anger not to mention children whose innocent little mouths can spew such HATRED in that moment! Sadly some children today are seriously MESSED UP and IME almost ALL of them have parents like this kids who when faced of the reality of their child's behavior STILL Say who say 'who my angel ~ he would not possibly do this' cause they live in denial of how horribly behaved their children are!

http://www.carbonated.tv/blogs/nyc-2...oy-beat-him-up
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    It is so very true. I had my wrist fractured by a 10 year old boy and it was me who got written up for not taking the 'appropriate stance'. I was supposed to cover the balls that I do not have as a female and instead covered my face. End result, my wrist was fractured by him. No consequence for him. Needless to say that was the end of my teaching career as I just cannot work with children like that or a company who refuses to have a child take responsibility for their actions! I was also then expected to work with him the next day like nothing happened...oh and wasn't allowed to leave to seek medical attention until the day was done because nobody could cover the classroom!!!!!!!

I too believe it. We have a 9 year old nephew who has Oppositional Defiant Disorder & has big time anger management issues. In the course of one evening with his grandparents he managed to smash their big screen tv, a couple of lamps and seriously bruise up his 70 year old grandfather (who is retired OPP & knows how to restrain people). All this over the fact that he found some chocolate and they told him he could not have it (the child gets just wacko bananas on any sort of caffeine). He is an extremely intelligent boy who currently only goes to school 1/2 days because, for some reason, that is all the budget allows for a one-on-one/educational assistant (& he needs one on one...he has hit teachers, thrown desks, hurt students). He has always been seriously defiant; we were all swimming together, my son had a life jacket on and was just a beginner...my nephew looked me right in the eye, smirked and proceeded to hold my son's (3 years younger than him) head under the water...fortunately I was right there and it took everything I had not to beat the child!!! And yet, this child never gets any consequences/punishment...because that is not how you should handle things under the disorder label...apparently you should always simply use distraction (Joey, how about you come over here and see this shiny thing, stabbing your sister isn't much fun, huh?!). I do feel sorry for the kid. He gets seriously depressed and suicidal at times because no one likes him (honestly, we are family and love him...but geez, I can understand why).
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

I had a four year old kick me in the vagigi...

He bit me too.... needless to say I quit because it was the directors son clearly she didn't see that her son had anger issues
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 10-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.

apples and bananas
    Wow, that article is unreal. How embarrasing for a 220 lb man to fine a law suit against a 6 year old boy. But, good for him! Think about the restraint it took the teacher to not fight back. Imagion the way this article or lawsuit could have gone if he had fought back or defended himself. He was a smart man for just taking it and dealing with it properly after the fact.

Starting to feel at home...
    I am glad the teacher has decided to sue. Now a days children don't have the respect for their elders as they should. And sadly sometimes it does get as bad as this or even worse, the supply teacher that died. Really sad.
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang