Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crayon: How do clean marks off

I have a little one who likes to color everything but what she's supposed to! Suggestions how to get it off carpet & a plastic table top? Thanks much
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I'm not sure about carpets, but for plastic table tops and almost anything else it's GooGone. That yellow stuff that takes off sticky price tags. You can get it at a hardware type store or even Dollarama.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

I LOVE my enjo clothes they work magic on just about any surface and no chemicals!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    Mr. Clean magic eraser

6. The Following User Says Thank You to michellesmunchkins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    Mr. Clean magic eraser
    This is not meant as an attack but just to share information ~ when I worked in centre care I was the Health and Safety person for ... I had to research and keep all the Material Safety Data sheets up to date and on file for any product staff were exposed to!

Have you ever read the Material Data Safety sheet for these I stopped using them after reading them as well as more research into severe chemical burns children who've gotten access to them or who've played on surfaces cleaned using them had

The MDS sheet says skin reactions are 'moderate' but the images online if you google are NASTY!!!! Not to mention that these things contain formaldehyde a chemical linked to causing cancer and cyanide too boot

http://www.pgpro.ca/Portals/0/Docume...2010%20eng.pdf

Potential Health Hazards (Acute and Chronic): (See Section 11 for more information)
    Ingestion: Blockage of the gastrointestinal tract may occur if swallowed. Do not ingest.
    Eye Contact: Irritating to eyes.
    Skin Contact: Moderately irritating to the skin. Prolonged / repeated contact may result in skin
    sensitization.
    Inhalation: Ensure adequate ventilation.

Hazardous Decomposition Products: Oxides of carbon, oxides of sulfur, aromatic compounds,
    formaldehyde, hydrogen cyanide.
    IMO scary what is actually IN these things ~ personally would never use one knowing what I know now specially anywhere a child plays or explores considering the safety precautions those 'making them' have to wear in order to handle the products that go into these that you than see being used barehanded and on surfaces where you eat and bath when they promote them in their commercials .... seriously if it is safe for YOU to use in this manner than why are employees being made to wear ventilators and industrial gloves when handling them
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I used the norwex cleaning pad ..... A chemical free version of the "mr clean magic eraser" .... I use all most no chemicals in my house .... Norwex has amazing products .... I am a independent consultant and the products are truly amazing !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gcj View Post
    I'm not sure about carpets, but for plastic table tops and almost anything else it's GooGone. That yellow stuff that takes off sticky price tags. You can get it at a hardware type store or even Dollarama.
    Yay!!! I actually had some & it worked perfectly...plus made the slide extra fast for the kids (she had colored the slide too! Thank you so much!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

gcj

Euphoric !
    Try putting her in a booster seat at the table with the crayons and paper and that way she can't wander around and when she's done put them up

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I used Mr Clean Magic Erasers too. All cleaning products are dangerous thats why they are in a locked cabinet inside a locked room at my house. They work like a dream!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bugaboo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo View Post
    ....All cleaning products are dangerous ....
    But that is my point is that they SHOULDN'T be ... I am not judging or attacking I admit that I myself used all these products for years cause I trusted that they must be 'safe' cause otherwise the government would not let them sell them .... until I ended up with cancer at 30 with no family history or genetic reasoning behind this and started thinking more about what goes into my body and what my body is exposed to that might be contributing to this downward spiral of my health!

Honestly IMO it is time that we as a society honestly start questioning WHY there such dangerous chemicals in our HOUSEHOLD cleaning supplies and why we have become so apathetic to this as the 'norm' that we just accept that this is the way it is despite rising evidence that SOMETHING is not right in our world with so much cancer and other disease and rising health issues!

I do not have a cupboard full of chemicals in my house that needs to be 'locked' in order to have a clean home because I do not accept that 'all household cleaners are dangerous' ... nothing I clean with requires me to wear gloves or a respirator or use in a 'ventilated area' everything I use to clean my house is technically 'edible' with the exception of the organic toilet bowl cleaner and laundry detergent which is still non toxic and 'could' be eaten if you wanted without 'harm' but I would not sprinkle it on my french fries or use it to help my muffins rise cause its full of some stinky unappetizing herbs that act to deodorize while cleaning

My house is clean and there is very little 'communicable illness' in my daycare program or family from spread of 'bacteria' being left behind during cleaning and my cleaning regime consists of microfiber clothes and plain ole tap WATER and in some more stubborn areas of the home I will use baking soda and vinegar mix to remove calcium build up or deodorize pipes and so forth ... even my OVEN is cleaned with a microfiber cloth and water.

Seriously as a society we need to ask ourselves how 'dirty' are we that we think there is a high enough NEED to use formaldehyde and cyanide in a bathtub and kitchen sink cleaner to make it worth the risk of using it? Specially where young children live ... where they touch surfaces and than put those little fingers in their mouth cause sorry I worry how much 'rinsing' has to be done to ensure that NONE of that chemical is left behind on the surface?

We wonder why our immune systems are failing us, why cancer is everywhere and so so forth .... not only do these chemicals leave residue on the surfaces in our homes for us to ingest slowly day after day so it might not be enough for their 'tests' to register them as a risk but they are not testing for the accumulative effect of using these day after day week after week year after year in the home .... not to mention that the stuff we clean with individually than ends up in our COLLECTIVELY in the water supply when we rinse it down the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or flush it down the toilet so in much larger amounts as a result

Everywhere we turn we are being exposed to 'chemicals' that are not meant to be a normal part of our daily exposure ... they are in our foods, in our work places, in our homes and so forth ... seriously time for us to all pause and ask ourselves 'is this really necessary exposure'?
    Loris Malaguzzi