Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

After a kid leaves

do you still keep in touch with him or her? Would that be awkward?

I was a nanny to a couple of different families. I tried to keep in contact with one of them, but I suppose they have no interest! The last family I worked for, I am still in contact with them, as both our parents go to the same parish!!!!

I'm sure I'd stay positive (leave on good terms) with my families if they left, as we live in a small town!

Outgoing
    Dd#1 went to a day home just long enough for me to return to work to collect mat leave for Dd#2. She was only there for about 6 months but we still keep in touch with the caregiver...she was great. Its mostly by email but its nice to know that she still thinks about us.

Shy
    All my daycare families have left on good terms, but I don't keep in touch with any of them. We might communicate via Facebook for a short while afterwards, but that doesn't last long.

Euphoric !
    Some I have been in contact with for over 10 years and get regular updates - sometimes just a christmas card with an updated picture or notes on what the kids are up to. Those that move away tend to stay in touch with me more than those that move on within the city. Think there is something about holding on to a piece of your past so it is there when the kids are old enough to appreciate it that is important. I have done a lot of care for military families so moving on is just a part of our lives. The ones that stay in contact are the ones that left when their children started school so were with me for 3-4 years as in I was the only caregiver that child had. The ones that leave when the kids are younger for whatever reason are less likely to stay in contact after.

My 1 that left to go on for school I still have contact with .They live around the corner and sometime i still do care for them on school holiday and possibly this summer.He was a great kid and became my husbands buddy .The 1 I asked to leave no contact however if i ran into her somewhere I would be social and say hi and see how the little guy is doing.