Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zombie Babies!!!!

Yea, I thought that would get your attention! LOL My husband and I have been watching the series "Walking Dead" on netflix. Very good show and storyline however you do have to tolerate the gruesome demise of the zombies by the "normal" (no racial slur intended zombies) folk who are trying to survive. We watched about 5 episodes this long weekend. After watching the second evening, I dreamt about how I had a couple spots to fill in my daycare (I do) and was considering a request to take on zombie children. (No I'm not crazy, just an over active imagination) I puzzled how I was going to keep the Z kids seperate from my other kids as I didn't want them to be eaten (parents might frown upon that) and what I was going to feed them. After much fretting, I finally did come to the right decision and decided not to take them - just too much trouble ha ha.
    When I awoke I realized I think way too much about my daycare and maybe this dream was telling me to stop fretting about those empty spaces so much!!! I've given the series a rest for now. Just thought I'd share.

Outgoing
    ummm....okay. Just kidding. Thanks for sharing..made me smile. I don't know if you're looking for advice, but I wouldn't take on zombies....personall y
    Last year I'd been sick for many months and as I was gradually coming back to daycare, I had anxiety issues after having not been well for so long and I kept dreaming about closing up and going away for the weekend, but leaving kids inside still napping. Going to the park and losing kids etc. It was so stressful. With time it all settled down, though. Darn dreams!

Euphoric !
    Lol, guess that does go to show that we have to take our daycare into consideration and do what is right for our group even if it means turning down people wanting spaces. Those annoying red flags - if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

Just as long as you can keep the dreams and reality separate I guess there are worse things you could dream about. Haven't seen the show and from the sounds of it not so sure I will watch either.

ha ha thats is so funny! had a chuckle for sure. It is so crazy how this job can take over our thoughts and even our sleep. I def think is was a wise choice to hold off on the series for a bit. I have seen the show, my husband loves it and can't wait for the next season to come out....me? take it or leave it for sure. although I would be lying if I said it wasn't a little intriguing. I usually get up for a snack or re-fill my water glass during the "zombie" scenes. the survival thing I can handle it's just the craziness of the "human eating" Zombies that makes me roll my eyes a little. Funny twist on the show though.....I will chuckle thinking of your story when my hubbie get re-obsessed this season.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

My husband and I love this series! We don't have cable and Netflix is our TV entertainment. The whole horse scene in the first show about did me in...but love it. So well done with the suspense; now how are they going to get outta this one? I will so think of your z babies dream now as well!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Dld, glad I'm not the only one!! I noticed an interesting change when we watch this show........we don't snack. The need to consume disappears!!

ha ha, now there's a twist to weight loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Dld, glad I'm not the only one!! I noticed an interesting change when we watch this show........we don't snack. The need to consume disappears!!
    Bahaha that just cracked me up...sooo true!!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Starting to feel at home...
    LMAO!!! Way too funny!!!!!!!!

Expansive...
    Love that show!!! Back this Sunday!! Wooo Hooo

And I feel for you because I too have a very active imigination....you should have seen me when we used to watch Criminal Minds! OMG I would NOT sleep, be in the house or leave the house without the alarm being on and any noise would make me jump a mile. I had a plan figured out to exit ASAP from my house no mater where I was!!! LMAO
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post: