Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Dreading the interview progress! anybody have good or bad experinces?

Hi everyone
    i just got word today that one of my dck is leaving me in Jan due to my change of hours in the new yr I have this girl for about a year now her hours were from 7:30- 6 but her grandma was able to pick her up most days at 3, so i have been lucky. In my last months newsletter i put starting in 2013 that i have to close at 5 due to me going back to school and that fact that i am burning out. My hours for the past year have been from 6-6pm and i just cant do it anymore. Im really sad to let her go! But glad! BUT im dreading the interview process. It took me forever to fill my spots and i found if i did the interviews with my 5 yr old son around he would act up and the interview go out the window.. For example i had an interview and i had my son and daughter play in the playroom when the parents had asked me for ref. I had asked him to pass my cell he threw at the moms back. Another time was him asking for food the whole interview. Anyone had experinces like this? Any good experinces?

Can you have someone care for your kids outside your home while you interview. Kids almost always act up when they see we are busy (notice when you are on the phone they are suddenly into something they are not supposed to be) If not, can you speak to him about being a big kid and being Mom's helper? If my child was that young, I think I would have them out of the home or see if hubby was available to help. Sometime in the middle of interviews I will call my hubby and daughter to come meet the potential client. I do this so she can get a feel for my home, family and see we are normal folk in a happy home so hopefully she can relate to us.