Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Over night care? What to charge?

One of my clients just asked me at pick up today; if I would be available and interested in over night care for their daughter? They have an out of town Christmas Party to attend and have exhausted their usual contacts for weekend care. I am considering it ...the extra money would be great for Christmas. But what would I charge for that? Any ideas? We are in South Calgary, and the parents would be going to Banff. With the basic plans right now, the client said from mid afternoon on the Saturday, till mid afternoon on the Sunday. What are your thoughts?

Double time! So I would state Double what you charge during the day. That's My opinion!

Shy
    I think if she is going to be there Saturday all night and Sunday I would charge Saturday and Sunday at regular fee and then half fee for the overnight.

I would charge 3 days worth of fees. It makes sense to me as 8x3=24 hours, so it's pretty much three days worth of care.

I agree with Alphaghetti.

Euphoric !
    Yup, I agree.....3 days fees. If that little one is up through the night, so are you. Imagine what a teenager would charge.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    I would charge 3 x fees with a $1 per hour premium from 7pm to 7am. I used to offer overnight care and this was my fee stucture basically. It was $5 per hour for daytime hours and after 7pm it was to $6 per hour until 7am. It didn't matter if the child woke through the night or slept right through. The premium was charged.

Shy
    Thank you so much for your advice! I don't mind the extra money for x-mas time; but on the other hand it would be taking me away from own family too. I just wasn't sure what to tell them since they are a current client and I certainly don't want to over charge them (and offend them) or under charge (if she is up all night)...know what I mean.? Honestly when I work it out it hardly seems worth it for the parents because it would be so expensive. I guess we will see. I can't imagine them leaving her with a teenager overnight...that is scary to me.

Expansive...
    $100 came to my mind!

Euphoric !
    I wouldn't do this for any amount of money, so whatever you charge make sure they know how lucky they are to have found you!