Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Anyone in the GTA...

Know where to get those thick toilet training undies or plastic covers? Thanks and Happy Friday or tomorrow!!!!

Shy
    I have used the George brand training pants from Walmart and they worked fine. Don't know if you're referring to something extra heavy but these ones are fairly heavy I guess? Didn't really shop around so can't compare. I believe I got plastic covers from WM too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdngirl For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Great, thank you! Our store didn't have anything like that so I wondered if I had to look at a specialty store! I'll check out another location!

Euphoric !
    Have not seen the true training pants we had when my own kids were young that were several thermal layers thick and some even had a foam liner for extra absorbancy but they washed and bleached well. Have never understood why all the old worked wonderfully standbys have been replaced by less than useful products. Looking all over right now for a change mat - I provide a new one for each new child coming into care - that is vinyl on one side and all walmart had were reversable terry ones. If I wanted something I couldn't wipe off a towel would suffice. I want what I have used successfully for years. Bibs is the other one that annoys me - what is wrong with plastic of vinyl washable bibs compared to nylon water resistent ones. Just don't work near as well.

Back to the pants issue - there are pullon cloth diaper pants that are expensive but include the cover as well and available from walmart as well as specialty stores. I do know some moms that do buy some of the largest size of cloth diaper with the side snaps for use during potty training as it serves the no disposable diaper/pullup issues and is waterproof still but can also hold a full pee or poo and open fully for changing as necessary or in some cases be pulled up and down by undoing just one snap. This is actually a very effective method for training and there is a resale market for them when not needed anymore.

Euphoric !
    Playfelt ... The "old" ones your are talking about are in walmart .... A dcm just bought some and they are the George brand as a pp said. They come two in a package, and in two different sizes. I have a few pairs myself they are terrific. Parents now a days want the ones with the characters on them instead of the ones that work. Once they are trained then buy them the cutsie undies

Expansive...
    Thanks ladies! I don't care if there are pictures on them! I think maybe I had in my mind the ones playfelt referered to...white, thick waffle material like thermal, that can hold pee but still "feel" wet. Also don't want to spend $30 for a fancy pair of undies, ha ha!

Euphoric !
    Diapers used to be all white too. That was the incentive to get trained - you want a super hero on your undies then earn it.

I purchased the thick ones for my daughter at Wal-Mart, they are not easy to find in the store itself. At my store they are in the infant section. 2 for $6

As for the plastic covers I am not too sure

Euphoric !
    Sears used to have the best waterproof pants because they were designed to be washed and stayed soft. You might have better success looking online at walmart, sears or babiesrus.