Sounds like a plan Cassandram ... how long has she been 'open' do you know? Just wonder how long she has be using this 'contract' and if other clients just willing pay for all this extra?

Sadly since she is self employed and 'makes' the contract as a result and you signed it I would be prepared for her to NOT want to negotiate it now. However if she looses you as a client because of it hopefully she will use that as a reflection tool that her contract is too ambiguous and technically could get her into trouble if a client decided to SUE her for it because technically ambiguity in a contract and how it could be 'interpreted' is typically awarded to the person who DID NOT WRITE IT aka the client in this case because it is our job to make sure that expectations are CLEAR!

I also agree with the Jazmic about doing the 'math' around what she charges you compared to what others charge and what is included in that to make sure you are not comparing apples to oranges when deciding what is 'fair' in regards to payment ~ because while it does sound 'excessive' depending on the circumstances it might actually be 'fair' if that makes sense.

For example I offer my clients TWO payment options depending on how they like to budget...

Payment option A is requires no payment when I am closed for vacation or personal sick days just for the 10 public holidays Canada observes .... New Years Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and Boxing day ... I am also closed Easter Monday as well but take than 'unpaid'.

My Option B payment is a weekly fee payment 8% lower than option A and this plan includes payment for the above stat closures plus 10 vacation day closures that are accompanied by 60 days written notice of closure and 10 personal/emergency closures which come with as much notice as possible under the circumstances.

At the end of the year they are paying the 'same' fee as each other and they are paying the 'average' rate for my neighborhood over all.

Good luck!