Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

How much to charge/hr?

Hello there,
    I am taking courses to becoming a fully licensed daycare in bc. In the meantime i have decided to start taking care of three little ones. How much should I charge/hr? this will be a fully bilingual service with food.
    your insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I would put your postal code into the advertizing portion of the site and see what others in your area are offering and than sit down and figure out how much you want to make after offering what YOU want to in your program and see how close they are ~ sometimes if you have a 'niche service' you can offer a bit more than what the market bares for the average childcare service.

Most childcare fees are based on the 'space being occupied' in the program verses by the hour ... ie either a daily or weekly or monthly rate.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new business. My oldest daughter is near Kelowna. Where are you in B.C.? Do you know any other daycare providers in your area? Maybe check in at places where they meet for playgroups. Best of luck to you.