Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    KingstonMom - I use the Diaper Champ and love it.

I buy kitchen bags by Kirkland from Costco. It cost something like $14.99 for 320 bags. It works out great. I use these bags for the kitchen garbage anyway.

Starting to feel at home...
    Has anyone tried the the first years`s `clean air diaper disposal`?? It also uses regular garbage bags but also has a battery operated air filter. I`m looking for a new system since I`m tired of buying diaper genie refills every few weeks.

Euphoric !
    I tend to change everyone at selected times so I just use a regular grocery bag, toss them all in as I change and then tie it up and put it into the larger garbage can in the laundry room which is the large swing top kind with a regular green garbage bag in it. That bag is then taken out to the can in the garage when full.

Baking soda is my lifeline! It's how I keep the stink under control in several different areas (kitchen garbage, diaper garbage, near litterbox, etc). Just sprinkle some in the bottom of the pail. It's old fashioned but it's cheap and it works

Euphoric !
    I find the garbage can is the least of my worries for smell. It is the area around the bathroom where I change everyone. Once the smell is there that is it. I have tried various air fresheners, febreeze, lysol etc and they work but don't like the smell of most of them.

I change the children in the bathroom and I open the window in winter and summer. It seems that the fresh air takes away any odours in the air. I too use grocery bags and change the children at close to the same time. If we have a poopy diaper it is wrapped in a grocery bag and taken out to the garage where the garbage cans are. I am lucky that the garage is a few feet away from the daycare.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    I find the garbage can is the least of my worries for smell. It is the area around the bathroom where I change everyone. Once the smell is there that is it. I have tried various air fresheners, febreeze, lysol etc and they work but don't like the smell of most of them.
    I light sented candles when it the smell is bad! Glade makes a great line of then!

just traded in my diaper genie for a diaper champ. SOOOOOO happy! both are equally convinient and about the same for containing the smell, but I LOVE not having to buy special refills and the kids just think it's the coolest thing to drip the diaper in, turn the handle, and poof! the diaper is gone. Now they fight over who gets to put diapers in the garbage. Would definitely recommend the diaper champ. (plus, bougth champ for $5 and sold genie for $10. Instant profit, plus no more expensive refills )

I use those lightweight plastic bags you get at the dollar store too - kinda like the ones you use for veggies at the grocery store. I twist the diaper and bag, then fold it into itself, twist again and tie. You can't smell anything through them.

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    I use those"scented " black doggy poop bags from dollarama for BM . So far so good.
    The diapers are not the problem here, it's the brown compost bin !!!!