Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

When should i start advertising?

Here is the deal:
    I had told all my daycare moms that starting in Jan 2013 i need to close at 5instead of 6. My hours have been for the past 2yrs have been 6am to 6pm. Im changing it to 6:30 -5pm due to me going to school plus want more 'family' time with my kids. This one mom had spoke to me in a text message saying if i could find her a daycare that could do thier hours (7-6:30). I know that shes in care for too long 10plus sometimes. Mom pick her up last friday and told me she found a daycare down the street that is willing to take her in with the hours. She hasnt given her notice yet. I told her two weeks notice she told me she would give me month. When should i start advertising?

i would start now. I know in my area its very slow. They sooner you get your name out there the better. Even if you don't get phone calls until closer to the time you are looking for at least you are "getting into peoples heads". If they see your ad and go to your website today, they just might bookmark your website and call you later down the road.

Outgoing
    I would start now too. I would also talk to the mom who is leaving and ask when they plan on starting at the new daycare so you can tell potential clients when the opening is available.

NOW as she has given you a months notice.

Euphoric !
    I'm with mimi in that she may very well consider that she has given a month's notice rather than just two weeks. Expect that she is goign to start there anytime after Nov 1. It isn't really a month but since it is a change in months and she told you the first part of the month it will seem like a month to her.

Many parents are looking 3 or more months down the road for care so for sure advertise now and if you get a family that needs care within the next month then try to coordinate the changes if possible.