Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I vow to be more positive in the days ahead....

Somehow in the last month or so, I have let myself get a little "down in the dumps" from time to time. The weather has been gloomy, my numbers are low....which starts the financial ball "rolling" out of control. I have let it get me down, focusing on the negative and it shows through my dull attitude some days and my desire to want to stay in bed or do very little around the house. (although I do push through) I have not been doing my duties with "happiness" more just been doing what needs to be done and "getting through another day" BAD ATTITUDE!!!!

Mark my words:

I vow to be more positive.
    I vow to potty train my niece this week with motivation.
    I vow to teach my 2 and 3 year olds their shapes and colors this week with enthusiasm.
    I vow to have a creative and delicious dinner on the table every night for my family, made with love.
    I vow to not focus on the negative but rather on all the MANY blessings in my every day life with gratitude.
    I vow to spend more time taking care of others rather than hoping for my finances to "take care of me".

and many more. I tell you all this because I want to feel the accountability of this so I don't wake up tomorrow and feel like being a turd, like I have been able to do lately. Now off to teach, love, cook, clean and think positive. Wish me luck!

Starting to feel at home...
    Good for you! I recommend the book Change your words, change your life, by Joyce Meyer. Great read!

LOVE Joyce Meyer, she was my first Christian motivator after coming back to a faith filled life. Will definitely seek that one out. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Kidlove, thanks for the honesty. I myself (as do I'm sure others) have those days where I wonder in the morning how I'm going to get through the day. I take one task at a time and try to be enthusiastic for the kids sake and then sometimes it becomes real. Other days, I love my job and am eager to see my little darlings and I realize we shouldn't judge ourselves too harshly. We all have stuff on our minds and big responsibilites to take care of and sometimes we can take a perky day off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Can't explain exactly what is has been lately, although sure I can take a big guess and pinpoint the main issue as a HUGE loss in income the last couple months which can really take a toll on any ones over all emotions. That being said...I will no longer allow it to control my weak moments and will take it all in stride being thankful over all for the MANY wonderful blessings I tend to overlook when I am caught up in the "poor me's". Thank you for the encouragement. I feel better already.

I hear what you are saying about finances. I am at about 2/3rds capacity with no interviews pending. I make myself feel in control by keeping an eye on our budget and making little changes to save money. Friday night used to be chinese food/take out night, now we make our own pitas or have breakfast for dinner - something easy and quick to celebrate the weeks end and I feel better knowing I saved some money.

Starting to feel at home...
    Good for you kidlove!! Perhaps you can be a good example for me to follow....lol I get that way too....especially finances...
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang

so funny mimi, wednesday used to be our pizza night, not for now!

Outgoing
    Well good for you Kidlove, a good kick in the B U T T sometimes is what we need ;0) But just to say there is nothing wrong with letting ourselves be down once in a while and truly feel and accept that TODAY is a bad day and tomorrow will be better. Just saying it can't always be perfect as long as we are willing to accept it. But man I hear you about finances ... just getting my head outta the water as it is now. If all goes well by spring we should be all good financialy. But you know what ... I've really been enjoying couponning ( kinda sad lol) and I hear in the States it's even better deals.

Outgoing
    Good for you. You've inspired me as well! The past week I've been feeling very similar to how I usually feel in February when I'm all too ready for March Break. Problem is it's October. I'm supposed to be highly motivated like usual. September is my new years. That's when I do my resolutions. But, my butt is dragging a little too much. I'm going to go write down some vows of my own.

Thank you very much for you post!