Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoon View Post
    Jazmic, I'm already convinced that I want the job I'm trying to convince my husband. He can be a tough cookie )))

Momof4, how was the trip? Wait don't say it was fab. huh

Thanks for asking Cocoon! I was in Ireland, not England so no, my trip wasn't 'fab' it was 'on the hammer'! Haha! Ireland is gorgeous and I had a fantastic time and would recommend it to anyone as a vacation. Now I have to develop my 200 or so pictures.

oh mom of 4 I'd love to see those!! and Good luck Jazmic!!

Outgoing
    I know Momof4, you went to Ireland and I heard Ireland is beautiful. And dont worry, you didint miss anything by not seeing England. unless you are into old buildings ))

Euphoric !
    I've been to England before and to lots of other European countries. Now I have a long list of more to see on my bucket list and I'm going back next year with my Mom & my sister to see more of Europe.

Did you make any progress with your husband today Cocoon? How's it going with the job decision? Did your BIL give you a deadline or could you for instance take the job next year?

Outgoing
    I love Europe but not fond of England I think if you go there once that would be enough.

I didn't talk to him about it yesterday but did said " I quite like the idea of starting as a manager " he didn't say anything but smiled. The thing is I can accept the position and he would have no objection and he would support me but I want him to convince that this would not spoil my relationship with his brother at lunch he called me to find out how I am and told me that if I really want to work outside then he will spread the word and find me a job. He wants me to work in a oil and gas company or health care.

When he offered me the position he said" say yes and start tomorrow" so I assume I can start right away. But if I tell him I want to start in new year I'm sure he can arrange that.

Euphoric !
    In many jobs it is all about who you know and not just earning the position on merits. There is certainly something to be said for not having to fight and compete for a job. The only way it could cause a problem with the relationship I would think is if you took the job and then slacked off and did a poor job at work in the sense that the brother in law is going out on a limb and saying ok you should hire this person and it will look bad on him if you then didn't live up to what he told them you could do. It sounds like your hubby is on board but trying to stay neutral in a way so that it is you that makes up your mind which job you want to do - out of the home or daycare. If you are going to take the job I wouldn't put off your start too far as they will be needing someone now to do the job and it will also look like you aren't committed if you want to stay in daycare for a few more months. The nice thing about daycare is that even if you close your daycare and then decide down the road that that is what you really wish you were still doing it is possible to reopen. I have seen a few ads put that way that the person posts just couldn't stay away and have decided to reopen. At the same time if you don't take the job you will always wonder what if.