Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

How NOT to go on an outing!

Saw this on my yahoo homepage...

Preschool teacher caught hauling 19 kids in minicar, gets a timeout

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/presc...a-timeout.html

"According to reports from Pretoria, South Africa, teacher Melanie Minnie from the Rietfontein nursery school decided last Wednesday to haul her 31 wards to a mall about a mile away for a celebratory lunch. ...

Minnie admitted to police she was at the tail end of her hauling -- as she had already delivered the 31 kids to the restaurant, and taken back another 12 to the preschool while leaving the last 19 on the restaurant's playground during her shuttling. "

OMG!!!

Speechless

What was she thinking. Wait that's the problem, she wasn't thinking. Wow.

Starting to feel at home...
    Wow........

lol.....what are people thinking?!?!?!?!?!?! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I honestly laughed...it was the circus clown thing...really shouldn't have laughed...really. Wow.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Obviously there are no seatbelt laws in South Africa, but who does that? My first thought was also about a clown car or the old joke about popes in a volkswagon - take off their hats. Those kids are frigging jammed in there like pretzels. So wrong in so many ways!

Knowing all the kids were ok I too had a chuckle. I mean it is one of the stupidest sights I have ever seen. That being said, when I was very young, my Dad had a part time job (in the 60's) taking preschoolers to school and back. He loaded up his car basically the same way although he "only" had about 10 kids in the car. When he picked up the children, the parents (and teachers) and my Dad never gave the "seating arrangement" a second thought.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Too funny mimi! I was a kid in the 60's and totally relate to your story with your Dad. My first two children were born in the 70's and there were no carseats. I don't even know how I and my siblings and friends all survived back in the day before child safety laws!!!