Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I just talk to the parents at the door and after a few weeks of them getting comfortable they often even stop asking about things. I used to do the log books and they work great when the child is doing well but having to write day after day that the child was crying a lot or fighting with the other kids or still attempting to bite friends,.....etc. well it just gets the parent's dander up and starts to make the relationship go sour. No amount of saying one nice thing then one bad thing can change the fact I am whining about the child. At the same time if that infoisn't put in the book then what is the purpose of the book if it isn't honest. It isn't just about pumping up the parent's ego. Over the years the number of disagreements I can chalk up to something that was written in the journal that was taken the wrong way either by the parent or by me convinced me that it just wasn't worth it.

I also don't think wasting paper on things like how long child slept, ate, pooped is worth the paper either. And let's face it sometimes it is hard to come up with something new and interesting to put down for a child.

I have been toying with a way to do a reusable system that a parent could look at on arrival such as if child pooped since I have a two year old we need to monitor how often and consistency. Also from the standpoint of posting a menu I am feeding different things to different age groups sometimes and subbing fo not like foods so a general menu gives a false impression.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: