Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Payment in advance is the standard where I live (southern Alberta). Mainly because I don't charge any type of deposit, and if someone leaves without notice, then I am assured not to be left without my paycheque. Most people pay me at the beginning of the month; my contract states that payment is to be received BEFORE the first of the month. There are a couple parents I need to "remind" on the first, but most of them have been great.
    The only exception is daily drop-ins, which usually pay me at the end of the day.

Expansive...
    I do have a 1 week deposit that I hold for all my parents so I guess that is why I am not too worried about them skipping out on me at the end of the week.
    I can definitely see some good points though. I like the idea that you use it in advance for the groceries and crafting stuff for that week - that makes sense and I can see why anyone without a deposit would want to be paid up front.
    fascinating to be able to pick other people's brains and see what works for them

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Payment in advance is the standard where I live (southern Alberta). Mainly because I don't charge any type of deposit, and if someone leaves without notice, then I am assured not to be left without my paycheque. Most people pay me at the beginning of the month; my contract states that payment is to be received BEFORE the first of the month. There are a couple parents I need to "remind" on the first, but most of them have been great.
    The only exception is daily drop-ins, which usually pay me at the end of the day.
    How do drop ins work? I don't have any and have never had one but I have heard providers talking about drop ins and am curious now

Euphoric !
    I have a few families - mostly moms on mat leave or friends of theirs that will use a day if I have it. If I am down in kids or someone is on vacation and I have an opening that day then sometimes one of them will come and use that day to get things like a haircut or shampoo carpets - things not easily done with kids to tend to. Works great for all of us. Drop is done on a first book first get basis and is subject to regulars not needing the space that day. Payment when I do it is at pickup. I charge $40 so it is easy to stop by an ATM and get the cash. The biggest thing is that should the original child change their mind the drop in can't come due to numbers. Good thing is I am getting paid twice for the same spot.