More of a vent I suppose....

Had DCM drop off her son today. He's been sick with a cold, thick, yellow runny nose, cranky. You get the idea. She then tells me that dcb has not slept very well. Went to sleep at 11:00 and was up at 5:30am. Then while he is being super cranky and pulling on her she asks him "Do you want to nap now?" Ummm...NO sorry I pipe in....naptime is at 1:00pm. If he's too tired and sick to participate in daycare he needs to go home for the day. The nap room serves as a secondary playarea during the day. No way would dcb be able to nap during the day (he's 2 1/2 btw).

Then dcb starts to whine that he wants to sleep. Oh well. Too bad. We are not arranging a whole day's program for one child besides if he naps now, there goes my break. My sanity savor, my lunch time, my only time in the day where my brain is not melting. ugh.

So I was turing around to ask her if she's taking him home and she's already hightailed it out my door and down the driveway!! So I guess that answers that question

So now I'm left with a child who wants to nap. I told him to lie down and rest. But we are not staying quiet, or dimming lights. He's now up and pushing kids. Ugh. This is going to be a long day.