Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

It just doesn't CLICK for some people

For the last week 1yr dcg has had loose poops. She's been teething and I associated it with that. Come Monday she again had 3 poop diapers before 9am and was very sleepy and sulky. I held her with her sucky and she would whimper....at that point I said enough. I called the parents to come pick up since she obviously wasn't well. I also asked that they go to a Dr since teething poop doesn't normally last 8+ days IMO. So they did....

Tuesday: dcmom #1 called to say that Dr doesn't think its contagious and to go back to formula, no cows milk. She was going to stay home with dad to take it easy for a day anyways. 10min later dcmom #2 calls to ask if 5yr can stay the day. She's complaining of a tummy ache. I said ok. She was fine all day - ate, napped etc.

Today before 8am - I get a text from dcmom #1 saying 1yr has been throwing up all night and with diarrhea so she'll be home again today. I reply with a very sorry and hope they don't catch it either. Meanwhile dcmom #2 calls to say 5yr old woke up at 4am throwing up everywhere...bed, floor, on mom! So her and brother will be staying home. Just then dcmom #1 replies to text saying "too late I've been sick since Sunday night"!!!!!!! AND YOU SEND YOUR KID TO DAYCARE!!!!

So I'm disinfecting everything in sight right now in hopes that DD and I don't catch anything. I already have a bad cold and being (newly) pregnant, AND the parents know already, I can't take anything....so I PRAY this is it!!!!

Why don't people use their heads????

(((BTW - 1yr dcg is supposed to start at the montessori on Monday coming)))
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Starting to feel at home...
    OMG, I would be SO annoyed!!!! Obviously dcmom #1 knew that her daughter was sick and not just teething seeing that she was sick herself!!!! And dcmom #2 shouldn't have brought her daughter knowing she had a tummy ache..... man.... what are people thinking!!!! (or not thinking??!!)
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang

Euphoric !
    Well good riddence to daycare family 1. I hate when parents bring kids to daycare when they know full well they are sick.

Euphoric !
    Holy crap, happy Wednesday to you MammaMia!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh for heaven's sake.... I wish parents would put themselves in other people's shoes.
    I know it is tough to take time off work, etc. But that is why I stress to parents that they MUST have a backup plan!!!
    I am hoping your family stays nice and healthy.
    Oh, and congrats on the bun in your oven!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Ugh. So rude. I hate nothing more than parents who do this. Its fine for YOU to look after THEIR sick kid, but then if you should catch whatever THIER kid had spread to your dayhome and you need to take a day or 2 off to recover, they are upset because it's inconvenient for them to take time off work. I understand this is very tough to take time off of course, but nevertheless, it is totally annoying and rude to send a sick kid to daycare. I hope you don't catch this!!!

The only immediate termination clause in my contract currently is for knowingly sending your sick kid to daycare because I cannot stomach the thought of a situation like yours. What a selfish woman to put that many people at risk. I really hope you don't catch this!

Expansive...
    So far nothing today for DD or I.....fingers crossed

Now I don't know if I trust them when/if she comes tomorrow. Well I can tell you thins, 1st non-solid poopy diaper she's getting a call back to p/u her child!!

Expansive...

It gets worse....grrrrrrrr

So I text mom asking how baby is doing to see if she will be comeing tomorrow or not. She replies:

"It's not a pretty sight over here. Dad has not gotten it too so we're all sick baby hasn't thrown up again but still has diarhea. We aren't taking to visit the new daycare tomorrow but if she isn't sick and sleeps through the night we might bring her to your place so we can try to get better and stop passing our germs to her"

EXCUSE ME???? So it's ok to leave your child with ME who you know is pregnant so YOU can stay home and sleep it off? WTF???

How about NO!!!!

I can not believe the nerve of these people!!!

I kindly mentioned that as long as shes clear of poops & puke she's welcome to come! and remeinded her that I'm just being careful for the kids and myself.

She then says she'd rather baby be in a germ free place

So I went into telling her that I have a bad cold, the 2 other dck are sick puking too and DD has the mild runs so either she stays home or risks catching it again or something else by comng here "her call".

Oh ok....then she'll stay home.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!!!! 2 more days 2 more days 2 more days

Wow ~ I am pretty flexible with my clients and the 'first' diarrhea poop and giving benefit of the doubt it might be an isolated incident of anxiety or teething if the child is wee but if the whole family has the actual stomach flu with vomiting and diarrhea and that kid still had diarrhea when you texted yesterday /last night there would have been no option to return TODAY cause public health requires 24 hours symptom free of stomach virus symptoms and technically if it has crossed over to other clients in your program than it is now an 'outbreak' and the exclusion gets up to 48 hours symptom free and if it just keeps getting passed around I would call public health and ask for testing kits cause if anyone is actually tested and its Rotavirus or Norwalk than exclusion goes up to 72 hours symptom free!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post: