Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Any tips to ease a cold?

I can't take any medications so it's been hard trying to keep sane!

I've been using Vicks vapor rub and saline drops. Having chicken soup to eat and lots of liquids. My nose is a faucet!! I can't sleep because I have my mouth open (which I hate) the humidifier doesn't work in our room as it's quite large and can't cover it all....

Anyone have home remedies???? Help Please!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    Green tea with mint (decaf) and I added honey ... hot steamy shower and lots of sleep ...I use to sleep sitting up. It helped with coughing and to keep my nose clear. But there are medecine you can take during your pregnancy. If it gets really bad go see your pharmacist ... sleep is too important when fightng off a virus. Don't risk getting a sinusitis or chest infections or anyhting worst.

Hope you feel better soon .. I have been fighting off something for the last week ... I was loosing sleep and had headaches a lot but now I think my body is loosing today. I started coughing and I feel so drowsy. It's difficult to care for kids when you feel like crap so beeing pregnant on top of it ... WOW ! You are a trooper 0)

Let's all call in a sick day on Friday and have an extra long weekend

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Have you ever done a sinus rinse? I'm pretty sure that would be fine to do when pregnant. May relieve some of the pressure in your sinus from your cold.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookworm For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have found using a neti pot to rinse out nasal area really helps. It is safe to use during pregnancy and you can do it as often as every 2 hours if necessary. It is a bit tricky to get the hang of at first, but after a couple tries it's isn't so bad and it can be really helpful to get some of that gunk out of your sinuses and make it easier to breathe! Hot steamy shower or just turn on the shower and breathe in the steam while sitting in the bathroom. Hot dacaf tea of some sort.......hope you feel well soon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to busydaycarelady For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I always find it helpful, when you have sinus issues going on, to fill a sink with water as hot as you can get it (I do about half full with the hottest tap water and then throw a kettle full of boiling water in) and put a glob or two of Vicks Rub in. Then grab a nice thick towel, put it over your head and the sink and make sure there aren't any big gaps. Basically, it's a steam room for your head. You will probably want to have a chair pulled up! Breathe slowly and deeply, and you should start to feel things loosening. Stay in as long as you can, come out, blow your nose (it will probably be disgusting!!). Repeat as many times as necessary. I find that it relieves a lot of that "pressure" that comes with a head cold.
    Feel better soon, hun!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Thanks! I did the steam with vicks in a bowl with a towel over and it did help!
    Tea's with honey (along with just water) has been my only liquid going in!

I was able to sleep a full night last night and look a 45min nap when the kids went down! It's helped a lot!

We have a wedding to go to on Saturday....boy I hope it's better by then LOL
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    I'm glad you're feeling better. It's awful to have a bad cold when you are pregnant and can't take anything!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: