Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Murphy's Law

Euphoric !

Murphy's Law

Just wondering if Murphy's stalking anyone else? This has been the wildest 6 month span with one incident after another. First, my rural daycare went bust....2 big daycares moved into the area making my place too 'out of the way'. So be it, I sank my life savings into a new house. The ex has decided child support is optional...awesome. A bee attack landed me in hospital....wonderfu l. Now that I've bought a new house everything, I mean EVERYTHING is falling apart! Washing machine broke down, dog had 20 teeth extracted, multiple issues with my van (warrantee ran out, of course), son suspended from school (well done my boy) and daughter moved home from Montreal. I'm still learning the ropes at setting up business in an area with vastly more competition (soooo different from the country) then the icing on the cake.....as soon as a new client signed the contract...not kidding...within 5 minutes of signing, my daughter came into the daycare and apologized for backing into her van. Really? Come ON!!! She was cool about it, but jeez! And now, to top it all, I likely have to cancel my long awaited camping trip (paid and non-refundable) for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico. Goodbye sanity.....I'll miss you.

Thanks for the rant.....needed to vent

Euphoric !
    Oh wow...I am so sorry to hear that things have been so tough for you! What a lot of bad luck! Keep thinking positively though and things will swing the other way...at least it can't get much worse right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Oh wow Cfred ... yes Murphy can be an ass if he finds his way into your life .... it sounds like it is time to do some quiet meditation and wash away all that negative energy that seems to have attached itself to you and causing all that havoc and let the universe know you are ready willing and able to accept some positive into your life and attract what you need to move on to a better place!

Sending you some positive vibes!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ya I've had a bit if bad luck myself .... So I get where you're coming from ....in July I had a family bring hand foot mouth in my daycare and everybody but one kid got it including my own three and one family the parents also got it and they were mad and thought I should have been able to do something about it so they left then I termed another family cause the mom didn't speak to me for 8 months and they tried to negotiate my whole contract ( we'd like to see your illness policy say this blah blah blah , and we don't feel you should be paid for all of your holidays, and we want to extend our hours) , then on the day they finished another family brought lice into my daycare two kids had it (not mine thank god but still all the cleaning and scratching) then the family that brought the lice has informed me that dads is going to take the winter off so here's your two weeks .... Good grief ..... .... Actually I would just like about two weeks to my self to do what I want thru the day ..... It's always just kids kids kids ......oh well I guess we just keep trudging along.
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 10-29-2012 at 01:58 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Do you really have to cancel your trip? It sounds like you really really need this get a way. They say what doesn't kill you will make you stronger BUT come on enough already!!!! It sounds like you can find some humour in some of these scenarios and that can keep you sane. About the ex and child support? NO NO, go after him and do not listen to any excuses (Been there) and the government doesn't either. If he can't afford the amount, he can go to court to have it reduced. He cannot decide to do this himself. UGH I am sending you my strongest vibes that all will turn around for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Crayola, sending you positive vibes as well hun

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Aw Crayola...you too? Sucks. Hope things get better on your end too

I do have a sense of humour about it at least, but would still like Murphy to piss off for a while and set up camp somewhere else. My exhusband's schedule is wide open

The new family that signed is going to see what they can sort out for my trip, but I'm not holding my breath. It's 15 days and was booked last Feb when I had my old roster of clients. The house purchase was very unexpected...impulsi ve actually. I've considered shortening the trip, but the cost to change the ticket will be more than the original cost factoring the change in island hopper, etc. Oh well....hopefully I can go (fingers firmly crossed). I just want to lay in my hammock for 2 weeks and read Salinger in my bikini. That beach is my favourite place on earth. Soooo revitalizing!

Oh no....I'd NEVER just let my ex get away without child support. I go through FRO, but things tend to be slow as molasses with them as any fellow divorcees probably know...red tape and all. He already had his license suspended, has a writ of seizure and sale, and federal fund deduction, etc. Guess he'll lose his license again, poor guy. It's always been like this with him. Not a very responsible guy. I can only marvel that I had children with him Usually we're fine without it, but our circumstances are just a bit topsy turvy at the moment.

On the upside, I've signed 2 full time and 1 part time client. 1 full time to go and we're golden!

Thanks ladies! Feeling better already!

Euphoric !
    Damn, Murphy never leaves me, but he's been running rampant lately!!! Sorry ladies but let's keep propping each other up, ok?

Outgoing
    Count me in. I don't know if I've told you guys this but one of my family had left as their single parent friend is opening a day home. And the job I was offered, I declined. I needed to travel for work which I'm not up for it. I was in partnership with my uncle back home which failed 4 months ago and he still hasn't give my money back and I don't think I will be getting it soon I sooo need that money.

I had a meeting today with a family ive met at the park. Their nanny is leaving in 2 weeks and she wants me to look after her child. I hope from now on I will hear good news only so you guys.

Euphoric !
    Yay I too just got contacted yesterday by two different families looking for care. Fingers crossed I can fill my one spot
    Filler up vibes for everyone ! ; )