Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Just do what YOU KNOW is right for the child and give litte or no inforamtion to mom or be very vauge....Yup she napped well today.

I've lied before "no XXX didn't nap" only asked if they did otherwise I didn't mention it. Next morning I ask "how was xxx night?" "OH she slept so well, I knew she didn't nee a nap anymore" meanwhile her kid slept for 3hrs whatever!! Parents for some things I believe are in a need-to-know basis.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    Oh and BTW I would NOT be happy with mom talking to me that way. Let ME be clear, this is how its done in MY house missy....and if you don't feel I care for your child then find someone else who apparently does. F'off

Euphoric !
    Aside from the issue of to nap or not.... Uh, "you just didn't know what is best for little So-and-so"?? No wonder you can't wait for March!!
    Yes, I spend 10-12 hours, 5 days a week with your child. I can see why you would think I know nothing about them, and deserve no input on her well-being. Sheesh!!

Euphoric !
    I don't have a separate place for children to nap in the morning so even when they start with me at about 10 months they drop that nap really quickly. I take them outside in the stroller and once in a while they catch a catnap there but more often than not they adjust quickly without it. But I serve lunch at 11-11:30 and get them into bed by 12:30 for a 2 hour nap. I have a 13 month old baby right now in his 2nd month of adjusting to this schedule and I think it's hitting him hard because he gets cranky before lunch but he's getting there.

i do agree with mamma mia...too funny, we do this for a living and although the child is theirs, it is quite possible and very likely that we know more of what that child needs than they do. don't mean to sound snippy and really mean no disrespect but this is not only our job (we know the ins and outs of children and can read their behaviors and cues very well- it's our profession) but we are also with their child (most often) more than them, therefor we KNOW what the child needs or IF a long or short nap wil or will not effect the child overall. Not saying you can't work with a parent on shortening a nap or even attempt to cut out an am one....but more times than not, I have let the parent know that little suzie is sleeping only one hour or so, when actually I have only cut her nap by 15 minutes, and they will respond with the usual...."oh things are so much better at bed time now". You say what you have to and do what you have to sometimes to just keep the peace...not saying you have to lie, but if they say the child needs shorter naps...you don't have to give them a specific length...just "it's been shorter".

Sadly, these parents demand specific logs (what she ate & when, diaper change & what time, what time she slept and how long)...every other parent has said to me not to even worry emailing them the logs anymore & trust me to just let them know if something's wonky. Paranoid & controlling Mom from the moment I met her.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    Sadly, these parents demand specific logs (what she ate & when, diaper change & what time, what time she slept and how long)...every other parent has said to me not to even worry emailing them the logs anymore & trust me to just let them know if something's wonky. Paranoid & controlling Mom from the moment I met her.
    Sorry hun....you agreed to her "trap" and now you're stuck
    I would never agree to do detailed logs...I don't have the time, nor do I want to! lol

All I could do is wish you good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Sorry hun....you agreed to her "trap" and now you're stuck
    I would never agree to do detailed logs...I don't have the time, nor do I want to! lol

All I could do is wish you good luck!
    You're so right and trust me...lesson learned
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    You're so right and trust me...lesson learned
    Dream, can you tell the parents that you only provide this extra service for the first 3 months or so? Try to get it done and over and you know you are way too busy to be stopping to write a journal. The children need your attention, it's not a lie!

Euphoric !
    I have heard of caregivers charging an extra $5 a day for the journals based on having to do extra work over their lunch hour.