Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Halloween Hangovers

So, it's the day after Halloween. Of course all the little kiddies are a little sleepy or hyper or a terrible mix of the two! Dcm says at dropoff this morning that dcb, who is 2 is very tired today. He went to bed an hour later than usual and woke up 2 hours earlier than usual so he's going to want to sleep a lot since he's so tired, but please don't let him sleep more than 2 hours....less if possible. uh huh. Smile and nod

Get you there....ha ha! I do a lot of "smile and nod" here!

Wink wink
    I bumped up naptime...wacko bunch this morning!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    oh! And another mom thought that today would be good as the first day to take away her daughter's pacifier. Really?!?! Today?!? She also didn't sleep much last night since it was her first night without it. Why in the world one choose Halloween night for this?! This mom is usually so on top of things and logical and fantastic. Maybe mom is on some kind of sugar high. She even made me a great motivational chart and supplied the stickers....but again....TODAY?!?!

Euphoric !
    Oh bliss! I'm still rebuilding my client list....well, I've got my clients but not everyone has started just yet....so I've got just one today. AND he's my nephew. AND, he doesn't eat sugar. So far, awesome day! Now NEXT Hallowe'en will be a different story

absolutely jelious cfred.

Oh lordy, the kids are grumpy and I have a screamer screaming away in the nap room. The 31/2 yr old girl does not know how to amuse herself and is standing staring at me as I eat my lunch. The power keeps going on and off so she must stay with me rather than play in the dark playroom. Did I mention I have a huge headache? I hate the Hallowe'en hang over days!

Outgoing
    That's so weird coz for me today it's the BEST day and everyone fell asleep whithin 5 minutes. All week all my kids were just so high on energy it was CRAZY over here but today is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Euphoric !
    I think I have the biggest Halloween hangover...more than the kids I cannot have chocolate in the house and nto overdo it! I bumped up naptime too though as we are all a bit tired today. I feel the worst for the teachers...sending my tired 4 year old to school I couldn't help but think about his teacher and a room full of twenty + overtired, sugar-hyped 4 year olds...enough to make my skin crawl And I bet they all have cnady in their lunchbags! At least my dck's are mostly too young for candy and those that did have some, didn't have much as it was their first time.

Euphoric !
    Day started out ok but signs of pending disaster were everywhere. I have an almost three year old who gets stubborn and spiteful when she is overtired - other times she is sweet and angelic for the most part but short of sitting her up on a shelf out of reach to chill for a bit I did my best to get them to a point where I could do lunch and nap earlier but not screw myself up at the other end by having them up and wanting entertained at the end of the day. Judging from some of the parents at drop off think they might be trying to call it an early day too if they can or at least they are hoping.

So much for our post halloween fun today - just didn't bother as I was too busy reffing play - where is that whistle and striped shirt when you need it.