Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I too agree kids train best if in underwear or commando .... However I wouldn't allow it with out a a rubber/plastic pant over top for obvious reasons. I also agree in the beginning a child will not tell you they have to go because they really don't know. I always tell them it's time to go potty and I do get them to sit for several minutes because in the beginning it's not instant and I do it at certain times ... At arrival, before we go outside,when we come in , before lunch before nap, after nap. They get used to this schedule and when they go they get a sticker. After three straight weeks of success I up the ante and I start asking them if they have to use the potty and This makes them start taking ownership of their potty training and once they are successful with that I let them know they need to tell me and I stop asking .
    continue from there

Euphoric !
    I insist on large bags of diapers/pullups to be left at my house and I tell the parents when I need more. I do not accept the two in the bag each day method. Somedays child needs more than others and I need control. And especially when training because I take them usually every hour - hour/half and if they have already wet the pullup then it means changing them. Usually after wasting a bag quickly with this the parents back off and say ok lets wait a bit and bring me diapers instead.

Euphoric !
    This is one area where I'm strict because I have rugs everywhere, beige ones and a beige couch! My policy is that there must be 30 days without an accident before I will allow a child to use underpants only and I still put the pullup over the underpants for naptime. I want the children to train and will do all I can to help but once they are able to run out to the bathroom on their own and know when they have to go then I stop worrying about accidents. That usually happens after they are about 3 to 4 years old. Parents expecting a 2 year old to be that advanced are dreamers in my opinion, that's still the 'training' stage which spells accidents.

Important Note:
    What happens if you don't follow my toilet training rules
    If you send your child to care in his/her underwear without my permission, you will be called to either pick up your child or to drop off the proper training products.

You will also be 100% responsible for all replacement costs of the following, but not limited to the following:
    Furniture
    Flooring (carpets, mats, rugs etc.)
    Toys
    Any and all other items that come in contact with the urine or feces, if your child has an accident well in my care.

The replacement cost must be paid in a reasonable amount of time. A payment payment plan can be discussed with me and my husband.
    after a huge fight with my husband, I have removed this form my policy. I didn't like it there to start with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Good choice. Just make sure you stick to your guns and if they bring that little one "unprepared" for your house...have them take her home and come back prepared. Hard to do (not sure if I could) but neccesary with these ones, sounds like they will take advantage if you don't enforce your rules/requirements. Good Luck!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    My policy states that the child must be dry AT DAYCARE for 2 weeks before I allow them to wear underwear. The child must be able to TELL me he has to go. I will NOT take him every hour. They stay in diapers or pull ups until I feel he is ready to wear underwear.
    I have the same rules! If they can not communicate to me that they need to go then they don't get trusted without a pull-up/diaper.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    My 3yr old dcb has been potty training since September and was great!! Went 4 straight weeks with no accidents, would go to the potty, flush & wash hands on his own without my help! Even sleep through nap with undies and stay dry!

Suddenly within the last 2 weeks he's had a accident daily even at home. I had a package of pullups here and I've been putting one on him each day this week and he's had a accident each day. Yesterday he did great and told me at playgropu twice that he had to go and went again on his own at home. Today I though lets try no pullup since we're home and bam! My poor floors & mom are tired lol

I spoke to mom saying from now on he needs to come with a pullup on until he is accident free for two full weeks here & at home. Mom didn't understand since "he's been doing good." I explained to ehr that one ot two good days are not a sign of doing good.....she then asks that I take him to the potty every hour. NO.....to ME this case is different. He KNOWS what to do! He KNOWS when he has to pee and he KNOWS where the potty is etc. he's done it on his own for over 4 weeks already so NO I will not 'baby' him again. Either a) he's got a kidney cold and can't control his baldder or b) wants the attention and 'stickers' again.

A) is mom's job to find out and I've mentioned it twice already
    B) not going to happen.....you don't get stickers forever, at some point they have to stop.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!