Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Full time or part time?

Hi all,

Just a quick question...how would you charge a family who is requesting four full days per week of childcare, and "maybe a fifth day if grandparents are too tired to watch their little girl?" Do i charge for full time rates, or daily with my regular full day rate? I've only had full time families till now, so not sure what this would be considered as.

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Welcome Latte, I haven't seen your posts before. I charge $32/day or $160/week for full-timers and if they only come 1-4 days per week they pay the part-time fee of $35/day, so for 4 days that's $140. Keeping it simple is the best in my opinion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I will be charging come when I reopen from Mat-Leave: $40/day for 5 days/week and $42/day for 2-4 days/week.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have one who is four days per week and his parents pay for five days as it is next to impossible to fill a one day per week spot. They use the Fridays once in awhile when need be, but they are paying for the spot. So for me, full-time, full-fees.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Anything 4 or 5 days/week I consider full time. 3 days and under/week is part time.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitloop For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My 5 day is $200 and my 4 day is $175. Daily rate is based on $40. They would have a choice. They could book for 4 days but have to pay the full $40 daily rate for any friday used (compensates for some being empty). Or pay the 5 day rate and have access to the day anytime they want it. Also if they choose the 4 day rate the extra day will only be available as long as there is a space. I would probably in this case take one of my other spaces and advertise it as part time and look for two kids needing 3 days each ie both would be able to use a Friday and the first family would no longer have an extra day option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

same as fruitloop here. 1-3 days is a part time rate. and 4-5 is a full weeks charge. anything over 9 hr days has extra hourly charge and I always have a minimum due required (if they only come 2 days in a week for some reason they still have to pay their minimum due) I enjoy part timers...it's nice to have a little break each week from even the greatest kids. My favorite is 3 to 4 days a week. good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thanks everyone for your quick and helpful responses I will let them know that four days would still be considered as full time (not certain how happy they will be about that, but whatever, their choice to sign up or not i guess) And as many of you mentioned, it would be difficult finding a family who would only need just one day of childcare per week. Momof4, thanks for the welcome! I'm new to the forum, (however have been running my home daycare for a few years now)..I'm SO glad to log on whenever i get a chance, and read all the different posts/discussions on this site...so very helpful... and a bit entertaining at times
    Enjoy the weekend. TGIF

Euphoric !
    Did I miss a post?? P&L... are you pregnant?
    If so; congrats!!!