Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Gonna be a long day!

2 year old came with no socks. 1 year old came with no soother (does not nap without it). Neither one has a hat or mittens. I have 2 brothers starting today - start time is 7:30 - it's 8:36 and they're still not here. Gonna be a rough day, I think.

I would have sent the kids home with the parents until they can understand that the child must come "READY FOR DAYCARE". Yes, I've had to do it in the past, and hasn't happened since then! It's amazing how it works when you inconvenience them!

Sorry to hear about that. Send out the reminder email/letter of items needed to stay at daycare for the colder weather.

Hope the little naps for you! EEKKK!

Expansive...
    oh dear!
    Sock well that's manageable (not OK but not the "worst") no soother - parents are dummys! I guess it's day one of no soother-training-crying-all-day-long for you buddy! Get your sound draining devices ready so you don't have to hear the crying....headset for yourself! and try to give another form of comfort maybe a teddy?
    Re: late parents on the first day - make sure you make it very clear that this can not continue, if you don't have your foot DOWN on the first time then they'll wlk all over you going forward!

Good Luck!!!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

No socks is not a big deal - especially since we won't be going outside with no hats and mitts - just annoying on top of everything else. Blah.

apples and bananas
    that sucks! No respect at all. It's like parents drop their kids off not anticipating or thinking of what their children might be doing today.

I have accumulated extra soothers, mitts, hats, socks lol over the years, so if a parent forgets I make sure they understand how "rough of a day it was" for the little one. HA! really... we did fine with the extras i had.

I can't rely on parents, so I need to make sure I am set up so that I don't ever have a day without stuff.

I have thought about buying a soother to keep here but decided it is the parents responsibility. Guess its me - and the baby - that suffer though. I'll either be buying one or asking them to provide one to keep here. Lesson learned !

Euphoric !
    I have one that has a soother and they have send two to keep here but I am in the process of weaning him off it...... I despise soothers ! As for the other stuff ....I have great parents and they usually over pack. Once I had a parent forget a jacket (really ????). But it was pouring out so I wasn't going out anyway but I guess I would have put on whatever he came with and hoped for the best.

Euphoric !
    Yeah I have one who needs a soother at naptime and I have asked the parents to keep two here. Sometimes he throws it and I'd rather know that I have a back-up than spend 20 minutes on my hands and knees hunting It's a crummy day for me too...I am sick AGAIN...feeling sick to my stomach actually and the kids are all tired due to the time change. Well it is now naptime and i feel like I have made it through the day once I get this far...phew! Hope your day is looking up too

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I have accumulated extra soothers, mitts, hats, socks lol over the years, so if a parent forgets I make sure they understand how "rough of a day it was" for the little one. HA! really... we did fine with the extras i had.
    Me too!! And I as well don't tell the parents that I gave my 'extra' or else they will forget again and know you'll have a backup going forward.

It's a total lack of respect not only for you but for the child! Do they realize what they're putting their child through the whole day?? I've sent a mom back home to get the soother....a quick "Oh no she'll have such a hard day! You know...I'll wait for you to come back with it before we leave for playgroup (stare)".

Also the poor child with no socks. Although it isn't a big deal.....it is....it's cold out! Who doens't make sure their child is warm and ready to go out?

Annoying
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Time to type up a letter to all parents as a reminder that hats, gloves, and all other proper outside wear must arrive every morning. I actually have a drawstring bag here all year round containing extra hat/mittens in the winter and sunglasses/sunhat in the summer and the splashpants stay here on their hook all year round. I'm also happy to have snowpants left here through the week all winter and taken home on weekends because we go outside daily and I word it this way: It is unfair to all of us if we cannot go outside because one child is unprepared.