I have a dcg - 14 months old that started here at the end of July. Her parents drop her off at nap time or sometimes just after nap time. They are not consistent at home, so sometimes she needs to nap or sometimes she doesn't. I do not let it affect my schedule. If we have something planned, she does not get to nap even if very tired. She only comes twice per week, so it is not a big deal..

My question is about putting her for a nap. She cries and cries the whole time! I've tried rocking her, putting music on for her, putting her in a dark room away from all noise, giving her a little receiving blanket to snuggle with, her soother...etc ... I've tried going in every 10-15 minutes to assure her and soother her. Nothing works. Is it ok for me to just let her cry? How long should she be crying it out? I don't want to cause any longterm emotional damage, but I don't know what to do. The parents arent' really working with me to keep her on a routine. I can't afford to let them go. (but will once my daycare is full if they still refuse to work with me).