Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't think there's anything wrong with people doing this, but I'm not sure I would do it. I think that my opinion is clouded though, because like some of the previous posters, I EBF for a long time, so my reality doesn't include a lot of time away from babies.

I would never judge parents who choose this, though.

Expansive...
    I don't see anything wrong with it either. 4 nights not 2 weeks and I'm sure she'll be calling/emailing/texting like 30 times a day! LOL

I left my DD at 1mos old overnight at my mom's - it was part of my "birthday" gift from DH...to get a full nights sleep! now if only he stayed over there too so I could have the bed to myself! kidding lol

Alpha brings up a good point - I couldn't BF so that also made it easier.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Shy
    If you trust the person there would be no promlem to leave a kid for this person's care. However the young age could raise doubts.

Outgoing
    I went away overnight for the first time since becoming a Mom for my tenth wedding anniversary. My children were 8 and 3. We went to Vancouver for 5 days, and it was really hard to leave them.
    I also went away with my husband for a weekend when my youngest was two and stopped nursing. My older ones were 11 and 6 at the time. I enjoyed the first night, but missed my children terribly the second night. Now they are grown up, and the two oldest have children of their own, and I am so glad I always put them first because we are all very close knit. It was a very worthwhile investment to spend all those years nurturing them and not putting career ahead of them. Just my humble opinion as a grandma LOL!

Euphoric !
    My goodness there have been an awful lot of really old posts revisited yesterday and today. Are they real people who brought them all up? It's hard to tell.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I think what happens is someone new joins the forum and then just starts reading and posts a few comments just to get started not realizing they should check the dates of when the thread started. It is nice to recall some of what has been discussed before.

When I sign in I just go to the link that says new posts and it just brings up anything new that has been posted since I was on the board the last time and I start working my way through them. For sure more likely to comment on the items that come up first and as my time gets tight do more reading than commenting. But then as long as someone else comments that thread will be in my list later anyways.

Euphoric !
    I'm a new user and I have to admit this forum is a bit overwhelming compared to the ones I usually participate in. There is a lot to read and a huge amount of different categories and I honestly don't even look at the dates haha. Sorry if I'm commenting on old posts but yes I'm real I get lost in this website a lot actually haha.

One thing one of the other forums I use does is that after 90 days of no activity on a thread, it gets automatically closed down to prevent this very thing. That could maybe be something this forum could do if it's an issue?

Euphoric !
    Playfelt, I tend to use the What's New button too and I agree that it saves time because only today's posts are there.

5Little Monkeys, I know you are a serious caregiver by your questions and posts, I was talking about 2 other ones who had odd and vague questions yesterday and today and I was trying to figure out if they were serious or spammers. Since nobody else answered them I suspect they are spammers, but we're here to help people who need help. I don't want to ignore REAL people in need!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Thanks momof4, I really enjoy this forum so I don't want to be ignored! haha. There is a lot of awesome advice and people from what I have seen so far I actually saw playfelt comment on the "new posts" option a couple days ago and I have been doing that lately. That has helped my confusion a lot lol.

I have a question and this is probably the wrong spot for it and I'm sorry if this is sidetracking the thread but........how do I remember what threads I have posted in??? I find it really confusing to keep track of which thread in which category I posted in.

Shy
    Yeah, I've recently joined this forum and started just read all that I could find I wanted to left some comments in the topics I was ineterested in even if they are old.