Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Expansive...
    I think it would be a bad idea if say she asked a provider who she doesn't know to do it.

A. She see's you as someone she loves and trusts.

B. You are her family and she know's you will treat and love her child like your own.

C. She knows you are fully capable and your the only person without a doubt that she would ask!

Starting to feel at home...
    treeholm- you speak to my heart as a mother. I don't think it is a generation thing because I'm in my 30's and feel exactly as you do. Still nursing my 20mth old and also nursed my first for 14mths (mastitis and work got in the way of prolonging that). IMO I could never leave my children for more than a night's at the parents house (and also didn't happen till I was/am done nursing). Just my feelings. Again, as previously stated; I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. But it does cause difficulties in my immediate family who are willing to leave thier young children for 1 week periods multiple times a year. It's not what I would do (my heart would break being away so long and frequently), but they are not me either

So to answer the original question. Personally I could not do it, but each to their own.