Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    There's only one word for that dcMom and it starts with a giant B.

Some people can be so oblivious of boundaries. Like, you give so much elsewhere they don't even consider it's rude to take your things. Have had many like that. If she doesn't bring him mits though, I would have him go out one day with no mits, put your on a back shelf and when she picks up, let her know you couldn't find the mitts you usually loan him today and his little fingers froze , he will need them the next day. I have brought little ones out in the winter in their tennis shoes with snowpants because parents didn't come prepared, ticks you off.....the poor kid suffers cuz the parents dont care enough. How do you explain to a little one, they have to stand in the packed down snow of the driveway because the parent wasn't responsible enough to dress them proper? not fair!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Mummy View Post
    [I]
    Yes, I've removed the mittens from DCB's coat after we came back from the park this morning. I'm planning to leave them in full view back on the shoe rack at pick up. But, I plan to be there as she walks out the door. If she has the gull to take them again tonite, I will call her on it.

Seriously...who does that??
    I'm waiting to hear what happened LOL
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

DCM still did not have mittens at pick up on Wednesday. I was in the foyer by the door chatting with her while she got dcb and dcg ready to leave. Keep in mind that DCM walks a good 15 minutes with the kids in a stroller to get here. You would think she would have remembered to bring mittens for her little guy as it was dark and windy when she came (5:45pm). Nope. No mittens. She was eyeing the pair on my shoe rack but did not say a word. DCB went home with cold hands.

Yesterday I was closed due to my daughter's fever. Today I am open and waiting to see if she brings mittens.

Euphoric !
    If she shows up without the proper outdoor wear (mitts) then send her with her child to get them "say ok well he needs them so I'll wait while you and xxxx go get some"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Sadly it sounds like with a client like this until it inconveniences HER enough to get motivated to put a better plan in place to be organized she is going to just keep 'forgetting' and hoping you will pick up her slack for her .... seriously is SHE arriving at drop off improperly dressed for the weather still or just her child?

Stop enabling the laziness hon otherwise you need to just 'expect' that providing t his child what they need is going to be your responsibility cause it sounds like the parent is happy to let you play that roll!

Honestly in centre care we use to always 'pick up the slack' .... the centre would spend hoards of money every season on extra clothes and just got consumed by the parents even when we would right with big black marker all over 'property of ABC daycare' they would disappear and never return ... and once centres STOPPED doing that and started refusing children into care who did not have proper supplies suddenly we rarely ever had issues with 'forgetful' clients cause they did not want to have to explain to their bosses the reason they were late for work is they could not be bothered to get their kids bag properly packed the night before so they did not forget things in the rush of the morning

Clients get ONE freebie a season to be forgetful after than you send them HOME with the child in tow to get what is needed .... that is not an unreasonable expectation after all!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    If she shows up without the proper outdoor wear (mitts) then send her with her child to get them "say ok well he needs them so I'll wait while you and xxxx go get some"
    This EXACTLY!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!